PDA

View Full Version : Bound & Rebound Adjustibility

Maeda
08-11-2003, 05:24 PM
Ok, it's looking more and more like i'm going to get a set of Tein Basic's....The spring rates are 6kg/mm:6kg/mm, and its in my price range. The only thing that bugs me is the lack of pillow mount(which can be solved in 2 paychecks), and the lack of damper adjustibility(which cannot be solved in 2 paychecks).

Is not being able to adjust damper rebound and bound going to hurt me? Or would it be ok just to leave it stiff (I don't mind loosing a few teeth for the sake of suspension)? Will I have problems getting rid of bump steer due to the lack of adjustability o.O!?

:cry: Learning is hard.

EDIT: Better yet does anybody have a uber cool drift mag with a review of the tein basics that i could translate? o.O

mrmephistopheles
08-12-2003, 03:24 AM
this isn't GT3.
I'd spring for type Flex. They're pretty not bad, and cover all the bases you need covered.

Maeda
08-13-2003, 02:48 PM
mrmephistopheles - just seeing your name on the post made me feel scared thatd there'd be a horrible flame because I mistakenly asked a newb question...:wtc:

I was asking because I really really don't think I need to adjust the damper settings, seeing as I won't see much track time (but lots of mountain time), and if somethings set up for 'stiff' all the time it won't bug me or the boss. I was just worried because of issues with bump steer and slip angle things I was reading about and how damper adjustment can affect them both...

But as of writing this I think I decieded against the need for damper adjustment.

mrmephistopheles
08-13-2003, 04:50 PM
in that case, look at the Apex'i World Sport. I have them and i'm satisfied with them for what they are.

-Kevin