PDA

View Full Version : Car not running need advice

thurman548
09-15-2010, 02:17 PM
My car cranks, but the injectors will not fire at all. I tested the harness and with a bulb to see if the line is good and the buld did come on. I checked to make sure the fuel pump is working by putting the fuel hose into a bucket and it did shoot fuel out. I checked all four cylinders for spack and that was good. I tried two different ecus. Last I checked the start sensor wire (solid orand one) with a voltmeter and it is good.

I am stumped. On another note when I put the AEM EMS in the car it could not find the computer at the "ON" position on the ignition only when I would hold the key at the start position would it see the EMS.

Any suggestions would help.

Car s13 sr20det into a s14 shell.

Killa_D
09-15-2010, 02:19 PM
mmm did you connect the fuel lines in the correct order lol it might sound stupid but this has happened to me a few times but anyways is worth a try...

thurman548
09-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Yea, check it twice because I started to doubt myself.

Killa_D
09-15-2010, 02:30 PM
did you try both ways? i would, only takes like a min just try..

thurman548
09-15-2010, 03:20 PM
just tried it and it is a no go any other ideas

Rabboni
09-15-2010, 08:09 PM
did you make sure that you have spark? You didnt mention using a spark tester in the original post. Also did you pull the plugs to see if they were fouled, or had gas on them after you cranked it over?

thurman548
09-16-2010, 01:05 AM
I got spark from all four coils also the injectors did not spray fuel when I pulled them from tha manifold. The start sensor wire; does it need to be tapped to another wire or just wired straight to the ecu and also the ignitor chip; does it have anything to due with the injector firing? I am all out of ideas.