PDA

View Full Version : SR20 driving me nuts!!

Deathcab
09-15-2010, 11:55 AM
We have been trying to get my friends sr20 running for the past month and a half. The car was running fine before we brought it into the garage.

So it was a bone stock SR that ran amazing. We upgraded it with a 2871r, jw s3 cams, 750cc top feeds, and we modified the stock exhust mani to run an external wastegate. The install went fine, cam timing is 100% correct.

But heres the problem the car will only start and idle when it sits over night. As soon as it warms up it will not idle without staying on the gas and a very bad miss. And as soon as you try and drive it once you get into any boost it breaks up really bad. The car also has bad vaccum right now. Its only at ~11 in/hg as opposed to before when it had ~16-18. And I cannot for the life of me find a vaccum leak or boost leak.

The car is also running VERY rich which I assume is from it missing.

WTF is the problem here? Its driving me and my friend absolutly nuts.

Oh and btw it has an enthrpy tune on it which was takin from a running car using the same setup.

steve shadows
09-16-2010, 10:27 AM
We have been trying to get my friends sr20 running for the past month and a half. The car was running fine before we brought it into the garage.

So it was a bone stock SR that ran amazing. We upgraded it with a 2871r, jw s3 cams, 750cc top feeds, and we modified the stock exhust mani to run an external wastegate. The install went fine, cam timing is 100% correct.

But heres the problem the car will only start and idle when it sits over night. As soon as it warms up it will not idle without staying on the gas and a very bad miss. And as soon as you try and drive it once you get into any boost it breaks up really bad. The car also has bad vaccum right now. Its only at ~11 in/hg as opposed to before when it had ~16-18. And I cannot for the life of me find a vaccum leak or boost leak.

The car is also running VERY rich which I assume is from it missing.

Oh and btw it has an enthrpy tune on it which was takin from a running car using the same setup.

What tuning is done to the car?

It cracks me up that people invest so much money in parts but not much in their tuning. Tuning a stock redtop on the dyno will usually be faster than a car with a gt3040R, 850cc injectors and a full build with no tuning...I know because we did a test like that for fun at the shop just to show some people

cotbu
09-16-2010, 11:56 AM
I just diagnosed a problem like this, leaking injectors! The tune was for 720cc,
rescaled injectors to 740's boosted and idled great, but was contaminating the oil. I recommended new injectors