PDA

View Full Version : SR20det shooting oil from breather hose on top

94vert
09-14-2010, 12:35 PM
well i have been running my car hard and the other day it shot oil all over my turbo mani since on the other end of my crank case breather is a little breather filter that is on the tee on the valve cover.

so my question is what would make it shoot oil like that? and it only happens at high rpm

Garber
09-14-2010, 02:13 PM
your car is boosted, which means it will be pressing air of that breather during boost, not sucking in. so a little filter is pointless. you need a catchcan

94vert
09-14-2010, 02:44 PM
your car is boosted, which means it will be pressing air of that breather during boost, not sucking in. so a little filter is pointless. you need a catchcan

i know that and i have one but is it suppose to shoot oil out? like 2 shot glasses full after a solid 3rd gear pull?

GroundPerformance
09-14-2010, 04:07 PM
That's excessive if you get that much oil out. Looks like major blow-by.. Rings maybe going out on you.

smelly240
09-16-2010, 08:17 AM
if ur running 22+psi its kinda normal... especially if u are doing it with a loose engine.

if not - get ready to pull it out

Mister.E
09-16-2010, 08:35 AM
That's excessive if you get that much oil out. Looks like major blow-by.. Rings maybe going out on you.

if it's an S13 SR then more than likely it's not.

the S13 SR's lack the baffling in the valve cover that the S14 and S15 SR's had.

This same shit was happening to me at the track and the day i put the factory oil-separation tank back on betwenn the rear of the T-fitting to the tube on the crank case all of the problems stopped. Before putting the tank back on i could fill a whole catch can in one half of a track day. If you dont have the separator then that is probably what your problem is.

steve shadows
09-16-2010, 10:24 AM
if ur running 22+psi its kinda normal... especially if u are doing it with a loose engine.

if not - get ready to pull it out

I wouldnt run anything more than 7-10 psi of boost without a serious EMS and some tuning on the car. Tuning and TIMING are everything.

Every single car I have tuned or diagnosed etc, the owner came in saying he or another shop did the base CAS timing and it's right and every time the timing is WAY off...this + too much boost will blow your motor instantly.

instant fuck

94vert
09-16-2010, 01:10 PM

the S13 SR's lack the baffling in the valve cover that the S14 and S15 SR's had.

This same shit was happening to me at the track and the day i put the factory oil-separation tank back on betwenn the rear of the T-fitting to the tube on the crank case all of the problems stopped. Before putting the tank back on i could fill a whole catch can in one half of a track day. If you dont have the separator then that is probably what your problem is.

awesome and yea its a red top sr glad to hear something positive!

I wouldnt run anything more than 7-10 psi of boost without a serious EMS and some tuning on the car. Tuning and TIMING are everything.

Every single car I have tuned or diagnosed etc, the owner came in saying he or another shop did the base CAS timing and it's right and every time the timing is WAY off...this + too much boost will blow your motor instantly.

instant fuck

well i have a stock ecu and no problems yet. wot is 11.8 im about to buy nistune next week so it will be all good then

94vert
09-16-2010, 01:12 PM

also i dont have a tank with this car so u think a catch can will be good for now?

Mister.E
09-16-2010, 03:02 PM
you can try. but the catch can will have to be a type that has a drain on the bottom to allow the oil to drain back into the crankcase. im not sure what the internals of the stock tank look like, so i cant guarantee that a regular catch can would work. if you dont have the stock separator though, i guess this is the only option to try.

94vert
09-16-2010, 06:35 PM
you can try. but the catch can will have to be a type that has a drain on the bottom to allow the oil to drain back into the crankcase. im not sure what the internals of the stock tank look like, so i cant guarantee that a regular catch can would work. if you dont have the stock separator though, i guess this is the only option to try.

ok kool my catch can does have a bottom plug i can put a fitting on and make it go back to the crank case.i will try that. thanks

BuiltS13
09-16-2010, 08:53 PM
How many psi ? HP ?

94vert
09-16-2010, 09:27 PM
How many psi ? HP ?

up to 20psi and i dont know how much hp

BuiltS13
09-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Hmm.... I would have to see breather setup.

94vert
09-18-2010, 01:46 AM
well today it was pulling like a motherfucker earlier and took my friend for a ride and he said it was fast as hell. got back to the shop and people noticed that i had some smoke so i did a compression test..

#1 was 148
#2 was 48
#3 was 50
#4 was 150

LOL!!!! ahahaha

Mister.E
09-18-2010, 08:18 AM
wow, fuck.

looks like you actually are getting blowby. once you re-ring it, if the problem still persists then you should look into the tank i was talking about.

dreek93sr20
09-09-2012, 02:38 PM
when you re ringed ur sr did the blow by problem stop??