PDA

View Full Version : Having Power Steering Issues...HELP

xStix99x
09-13-2010, 07:33 PM
So my car just recently started leaking power steering fluid, so I tried to find where it is leaking from because I would prefer not to be charged a fortune by a mechanic who may or may not know my car. I live in Norman where all the shops want to charge me around $100 just to look at it because it has an SR20 in it. I found where the main leak is but I dont know what this part is called or how to replace it. Can someone tell me what this part is and if I would be able to replace it with some basic tools? I posted some pictures kind of zooming in on it.

Flickr: xStix99x's Photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/53906550@N03/?saved=1)

Sileighty_85
09-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Thats the PSP pressure side going to the Rack & pinion.

It uses two copper crush washers (one on each side of the hose)
It either needs new crush washers or needs to be tightedn down.

Its on there pretty tight so you need a socket to fit the banjo bolt and a breaker bar

JDMRIDDAZ
09-13-2010, 07:44 PM
high pressure line....just check if its leaking from crimped fitting....
or at the bolt...if its the crimp..then get an isis line from enjku.com

T-FAST
09-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Yeah like said, if its leaking at the bolt just get a couple new copper crush washers but if its leaking at the crimp ( like mine was a couple months ago) you have to replace the line. I went ahead and bought the isis power steering line from enjuku but if your on a budget you can make your own