PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!!!!!

ZacksS13SR
09-12-2010, 01:07 AM
Ok so I recently bought an s13 shell and had an SR swap put in, it ran fine for about 2 weeks so i turned up the boost to 12psi, it ran fine for 2days then oneday when i got on it and shifted gears it bogged down and started black smoking and backfiring. I had the code read and it showed error 34 so i changed the knock sensor, it ran fine for about 5 minutes then started doing it again. Ok so now the dang car wont even start and the guy that did the swap is in austin until december.
Can someone please give me some ideas on what to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as my son was just born on the second and i need this car running now more than ever.

Thanks,
Zack

24j0hn
09-16-2010, 04:08 PM
Ok so I recently bought an s13 shell and had an SR swap put in, it ran fine for about 2 weeks so i turned up the boost to 12psi, it ran fine for 2days then oneday when i got on it and shifted gears it bogged down and started black smoking and backfiring. I had the code read and it showed error 34 so i changed the knock sensor, it ran fine for about 5 minutes then started doing it again. Ok so now the dang car wont even start and the guy that did the swap is in austin until december.
Can someone please give me some ideas on what to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as my son was just born on the second and i need this car running now more than ever.

Thanks,
Zack

ok so the code gave knock sensor after you turned up the boost, then you changed the knock sensor and it still does the same thing and has the same code...i highly recommend putting the boost back to 7lbs unless if your gunna get the sr tuned to 12lbs... your running lean and getting engine knock which makes the pcm retard the timing which is where your black smoke and backfiring is coming from...and i dont thing you wanna tune a stock setup to 12lbs it just not worth it... so either upgrade your setup and tune it or just keep it at 7lbs for the life of your sr

fcdrifter20
09-16-2010, 04:41 PM
are you getting the same knock sensor code?? and did you change the knock sensor just because you got the code?? or did you actually ohm it out to see if it was bad?