PDA

View Full Version : Headlights go down when left in the sun??

mitcheyismyname
09-11-2010, 04:33 AM
So first of all..yes... i searched. I got a bunch of threads from various forums with decently relevant information with the type of problem i have. But not exactly on point to my particular situation.

Second....my problem is...my headlights will not go down when i hit the retractor switch. BUT! when i leave the car in the sun for bout an hour, the headlights magically will work with the retractor switch, but not by turning the combo switch from parking lights to H/L. But that i dont care for. i'm completely fine with being able to maneuver my H/L with just the retractor switch.

My question is how? Because i have done these things..

1. replace H/L CONT relay in the left side engine fuse/relay box.
2. replace H/L RET relays in the right side relay box.
3. checked all fuses relevant to H/L operation.
4. tried a different H/L switch.
5. checked all fuse box grounds
6. checked motor connection/internals and grounds.

all of which have had no effect.

my next idea is to get a heat gun and try to apply heat to certain areas to simulate exposure to the sun. and see what happens.

only thing i haven't replaced is the combo switch and the diode pack mysteriously located in the radio pocket which i can't find for the life of me....anybody got a picture of it?

So if anybody has any fcking idea as to what is happening PLEASE fill me in. This has gotten annoying. and no, i will not convert to silvia front.

if any additional info is needed. just say so.

mitcheyismyname
09-11-2010, 08:40 PM
anybody have any ideas? and does anyone have a picture of the Diode Pack?

mitcheyismyname
09-16-2010, 08:08 PM
still no one?

GeneralTso
09-16-2010, 11:06 PM
what happens to you when you stare into the sun? think about it. you wanna close your eyes. get some eyelids for your car or some nice sunglasses and it should fix the problem.

h2v7
09-17-2010, 10:26 AM
convert to silvia front!

mitcheyismyname
09-19-2010, 05:51 AM
convert to silvia front!

So first of all..yes... i searched. I got a bunch of threads from various forums with decently relevant information with the type of problem i have. But not exactly on point to my particular situation.

Second....my problem is...my headlights will not go down when i hit the retractor switch. BUT! when i leave the car in the sun for bout an hour, the headlights magically will work with the retractor switch, but not by turning the combo switch from parking lights to H/L. But that i dont care for. i'm completely fine with being able to maneuver my H/L with just the retractor switch.

My question is how? Because i have done these things..

1. replace H/L CONT relay in the left side engine fuse/relay box.
2. replace H/L RET relays in the right side relay box.
3. checked all fuses relevant to H/L operation.
4. tried a different H/L switch.
5. checked all fuse box grounds
6. checked motor connection/internals and grounds.

all of which have had no effect.

my next idea is to get a heat gun and try to apply heat to certain areas to simulate exposure to the sun. and see what happens.

only thing i haven't replaced is the combo switch and the diode pack mysteriously located in the radio pocket which i can't find for the life of me....anybody got a picture of it?

So if anybody has any fcking idea as to what is happening PLEASE fill me in. This has gotten annoying. and no, i will not convert to silvia front.

if any additional info is needed. just say so.

what happens to you when you stare into the sun? think about it. you wanna close your eyes. get some eyelids for your car or some nice sunglasses and it should fix the problem.

wow. reported.

anyone will useful knowledge?

Mysr20de
09-20-2010, 08:09 PM
ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha lmfao :ddog: