PDA

View Full Version : rookie turbo ka build

soleprime
09-09-2010, 11:01 AM
hey guys i just bought a 97 240sx and was thinking of going turbo on the ka cause an sr is just too expensive and if worse comes to worse, i can easily purchase another ka if it blows and cant do the same about an sr. I want to make about 300hp and daily drive it at the same time, is this safe? will it be reliable to daily drive? or will there be consistent problems? I've been checking every thread to see what i would need to make 300hp but people recommend all sorts of turbos and etc, im not really much of a grease monkey but i am willing to learn as much as i can bout tuning, engines and etc. Any advice from ka-t owners or anybody with insight would be highly appreciated, thank you

smoked240
09-09-2010, 11:32 AM
First off did you search? there are many threads on this.

soleprime
09-09-2010, 11:35 AM
yea i did but everything is all over the place, i couldnt find a very straightforward thread saying
if i wanted to make 30hp on a turbo ka i would need this that and that

Jason913
09-09-2010, 11:43 AM
you didn't look very hard.

www.ka-t.org :: View topic - Sticky: DOHC Turbo For Dummies (http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6263)

soleprime
09-09-2010, 11:52 AM
lol thanks jason913, in anyones opinion would it be a good move to turbo the ka and daily drive it?

SinGarage
09-09-2010, 11:58 AM
^^^^^ is the closest your going to get to what you are looking for. Building a non-turbo car to turbo is like coffee, everyone has their own different tastes and cannot be written down to an exact list. You can also copy a current build that someone has but it might not be to your liking after your done with it. GL with your build though.

soleprime
09-09-2010, 12:01 PM
thank you singarage, i appreciate your input and everybody else's so far and people please keep the opinions coming in

soleprime
09-09-2010, 12:02 PM
i live in new york city and we dont have too many people with 240's out here so its hard to find someone to talk to and give advice, too many integras and civics running out here smh

240sx1234
09-09-2010, 12:02 PM
making 30 hp will probably be harder than making 300,lol just kidding.Im about to start my ka-t build,and looking to get around 250 and daily drive it. I have my car thread somewhere on here,and all the turbo info will be there soon

enkei2k
09-09-2010, 12:09 PM
i live in new york city and we dont have too many people with 240's out here so its hard to find someone to talk to and give advice, too many integras and civics running out here smh

i haven't seen many tegs or civics around brooklyn. or at least the ones i see are mature enough not to rev at me and act all hardcore. i know like at least 4 (5 if you count me lol) people with 240s in bklyn...most within my neighborhood. seen a couple others in bklyn too, ave u area, sunset, bensonhurst i saw one. i don't know em, but i know they're around.

check the regional section, you'd be surprised.

or the local forums, ifx, tst, etc...

soleprime
09-09-2010, 12:13 PM
smh i see em all the time cause i live in east new york, only me and my boy own 240's, he has a zenki, we should start up a club or something, i dont think theres one out here or at least one that i know of, but thank you everybody for the advice on turbo ka , 240sx1234 i'll keep checking in on your build to see if its something i'll be interested in doing

GroundPerformance
09-09-2010, 01:46 PM
300whp KA24DE-T is fairly easy to put together even in a T2 bottom mount setup. If you want to learn tuning a good option is Nistune. Of course theres plenty out there.

24j0hn
09-10-2010, 03:01 PM
300whp KA24DE-T is fairly easy to put together even in a T2 bottom mount setup. If you want to learn tuning a good option is Nistune. Of course theres plenty out there.

yup there sure are, if you want numbers and parts tho here it is...550cc injectors, fmic, a td05 18g turbo boosting about 12-15lbs, bottom mount turbo manifold, turbo elbow, down pipe, nistune, bunged oil pan, oil feed line T off from the oil pressure sender, colder sparkplugs, z32 maf, and a s pipe for an sr...this setup depending on boost can make 260-320hp...

SinGarage
09-10-2010, 03:56 PM

Sorry to thread jack but what type of bottom mount T2 that are out there? Saw some ebay stuff but curious if there are others.

GroundPerformance
09-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Enjuku Racing sells a decent turbo manifold the ISIS V2 KA24DE turbo manifold. I've actually at one point had 3 manifold to compare. Phase2, SSA and ISIS an below is how I would rank it.

#1 ISIS V2 - Good Welds and flanges, thicker walled piping, and good fitment.
#2 SSAU - OK Welds and Flanges, Good fitment, slightly thinner on the piping.
#3 P2M - Junk.. Flanges didn't line up, thin walled piping and didn't bother to fit.