PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET bogging out

christopher
08-09-2003, 10:22 AM
I am having some trouble. I just recently had Afterdark Tuning complete my swap. They delivered it to me and things have been Ok so far. A little bit of a rough idle.

This morning I go to start my car and everything is as it was last night. Idle is the same.

When I press the gas the car boggs way down and allmost dies. WTF? What could be causing this? It runs really rough for a second then recovers and idles just fine.

Help is greatly appreciated.:( :( :cry:

dsilcrazy
08-09-2003, 01:39 PM
check all of your intercooler plumbing to make sure none of the hoses came off. Its happened to me a couple of times. Also you can check the vacume lines too.

apocalypse
08-09-2003, 01:42 PM
Mine did this everyonce in a while till the car was fully warmed up
I changed the sparkplugs and fuel filter and it fixed it

N1ceDrgn
09-05-2003, 12:01 PM
..If you're still having problems or want some hands on help, I'll be in town in about a week..

Negreac
09-06-2003, 08:01 PM
I've heard of a dirty/faulty AAC valve causing similair problems. If you don't find a leak in your IC piping let us know and I'll tell you how to clean your AAC.

RUTH'LESSDET
09-06-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Negreac
I've heard of a dirty/faulty AAC valve causing similair problems. If you don't find a leak in your IC piping let us know and I'll tell you how to clean your AAC.

Could post it anyway I think Im gonna need that info I have the same porblem with the idle bogging and I cant figure out WTF!!! is wrong with it:bash:

Negreac
09-07-2003, 04:37 PM
For those of you that don't know, the AAC (auxilery air control) valve controls the amount of air the engine gets at idle. Basically the ECU sends a signal to it when the TB is closed and the car is idling which opens up a small pathway from the piping to the surgetank/collector letting just enough air through to keep the engine alive during idle. Sometimes the AAC can get clogged up w/ dust, carbon, oil, etc. which will cause the engine to run at a lower idle speed and will result in the AAC closing prematurely resulting in that bog you are experiencing when you stomp on the pedal. All you should have to do to clean it is take off the hose that runs from it to the piping and spray a little carb cleaner in there. Put the hose back on and start her up. If that doesn't do it you might want to try adjusting the idle air adustment screw which is located on the same assebly as the AAC valve. It's a grey plastic screw and you can use a flat head or phillips head on it. The adjustment screw won't really solve any bogging after WOT but it may help reduce the effect by rasing your idle speed. Here's a pic of the hose you need to spray the carb cleaner in:

http://charles.sykikchimp.org/images/iaa.jpg

Negreac
09-07-2003, 04:40 PM
My bad, that's a pic of teh AAC on the KA, but it's the same concept. Let me know if you need any help and I'll post some better pics.

doriftomunkee
03-31-2004, 11:22 PM
can u post pics of the sr aac valve thanks