PDA

View Full Version : Need Serious Help

Tweaktac
08-07-2003, 10:08 PM
I really need some serious help with this....ok, this is what happened... The EFI harness fell onto my exhast manifold awhile back, causing about 8 wires to melt together (B, Y, Y/W, R/G, L/G, L/0R, LG/B, and B/Y)...I then proceeded to check my ECU, i opened it up and there were two fried transistors...i then checked my Fuse block ( the one by the battery) and the relay, EGI, was melted...the wires in there are (R, R, R/B, and B/W). I then noticed that one of the wires (B/W...ECU power) that i used to connect E9 to F8 was totatlly burnt ( I had to run wiring from the Ca EFI harness to the Ka main harness for the swap) I also noticed that the wire for the ignition power and the coil pack power (B/R, L/R...F8-E9) had also had some contact with the B/W wire. Now here i am, i fixed all the wires that landed on the exhast manifold, I re-pinned the EGI Relay, bought a new ecu and hooked it up, replaced all the wiring between the Ca and Ka harness...I still have no spark on any coil pack, and the wires to the EGI relay get extremely hot when i put the battery terminal on and try to crank it. I have a feeling it could be the power transistor got fried, but would that cause the relay wires to heat up? Please, if anyone can help me here, I am in some great need of wisdom and assistance.