PDA

View Full Version : Base Maps and help with maps...just want to let everyone know

steve shadows
08-26-2010, 06:33 PM
I will continue to offer both free and other support

However, I will no longer be selling or promoting my map service based on the fuel maps I provide.

I started offering this because when I was first starting out in the EMS world it took me months, years even just to pin down a basic timing map that would get me going in the right direction to really take advantage of my setup and my friends setups.

I will be lowering the rates by 25% and be posturing the map service toward custom timing maps. The timing maps that come with most EMS are either FAR too advanced in the lower have of the load region of the map, or FAR too retarded in the upper part.

With the 8 years of dyno experience I have I found that this will be the most beneficial thing I can impart on both the DIY and the new EMS buyer here in our community.

Unfortunately remote tuning fuel maps and trying to guestimate the fuel map base map remotely is extremely difficult not knowing the exact mechanical condition of the car, parts and the type of setup as well as injectors, wiring to injectors and even resistors effects on the fuel and EFI system. So in effect the maps will just be getting cheaper. I will still include a great fuel map to get started with, but the real crux of what you will have room to bash or flame me for (hahhahaha) will be the actual timing map, custom tailored to your turbo, and possible volumetric efficiency.

The "recommended" fuel settings will still come with the maps but will not be the centerpoint of my service to the forum members.

I want to be here to be the number one person on here for HELPING members DIY with EMS and to help make the switch to a true programmable EMS painless as possible and fun too!

Timing is truly everything and I believe my expertise and experience building excellent timing maps both on the dyno and remotely for Nissan and other applications should be my focus.

The fuel maps, however close or far away from what they really need to be in the map have to be finished and tuned properly with care using meticulous dyno work or some time using a wideband. Ball parking is pretty easy but even logs can be decieving.

I hope this clears things up for people and again I am always available by PM for in person diagnostics and also phone help if needed. I will not be charging for consulting anymore either. Just Dyno Tuning and Timing maps to get people started in the right direction.