PDA

View Full Version : Overheating KA

s14vqswap
08-24-2010, 10:59 PM
I have a 95 s14, i rebuilt the ka and put new gaskets, bearings, water pump, thermostat. i drove the car for 1500 miles, and it ran perfect. One day my temp gauge is pegged out. ever since then i replaced the rad with a mishimoto, swapped water pumps, and thermostats. i just bought an oem thermostat, and that should be in in a few days. Hopefully this fixes the problem if not any help is appreciated. i bleed the system out for what seemed to be hours every time i did something coolant related. I also upgraded to a prosport water temp gauge. Im clueless, also was flushed multiple times. it seems as if the thermostat opens at idle, but under load it seems to be shut. causing only top rad hose to be hot, and the lower to be outside temp..I'm confused, shouldn't be doing what it is.

davirene
08-25-2010, 12:29 AM
Pull the Thermostat.....run it to op temp....and see what happens.... Your upper and lower should be the same temp once the car warms up cause the water is flowing.....Check your radiator cap...make sure your system is holding pressure?

fueled by hate
08-25-2010, 01:55 AM
make sure you have no air in the system and switch back to your old rad cap. The mishimoto one is garbage.

Tantwoforty
08-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Compression test.
I know its a a scary thought, but just to be safe.
pull your thermo and run it like that and see what it dose.

dreamin240sx
08-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Pull the Thermostat.....run it to op temp....and see what happens.... Your upper and lower should be the same temp once the car warms up cause the water is flowing.....Check your radiator cap...make sure your system is holding pressure?

^^^^ this guy is right on the money

Katsumbhong
08-26-2010, 09:57 PM
Coolant Temp Sensors