PDA

View Full Version : confused stressed and just fed up no spark help

dreamin240sx
08-24-2010, 08:32 PM
ok i have a 1990 240sx hatch im putting a dual cam ka in it right now. well i had automatic doors put so i went ahead and changed the whole chassis harness i also pulled the dash and changed the dash harness with the motor bay harness as well. now they are all from the same car so i figured there would be no problem. well i put the motor in and put the upper and lower harnesses on i also conected the ecu to the dash harness. well i turned the key and everything came on like it should. but as i turned it all the way nothing happend. well i went and checked all the grounds and made sure everything was plugged in correctly. still the same result so i had to run another ground form the starter and jump it with a screwdriver which resulted in the motor rolling over and delivering fuel but no spark. so i figured it must be the coil since i checked the plugs for the coil and they all had power. well i got a new coil today and i did the same step with the starter and still no spark. now i dont understand why the key wont roll the motor over and why i am not getting any spark so if you could please help me i would seriously appreciate it i am about to kill myself. thank you:newbie::wtf::eek2:

Rabboni
08-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Lets just try and diagnose this one problem at a time. Im assuming by the way that you put it, that it wont crank when you turn the key to the start position. Since it cranks when you jump the terminals it has to be in the starter control circuit from the ignition switch to the starter solenoid. The easiest way to diag this is to start at the solenoid and work your way back towards the ignition switch until you find power. Answer back when you have figured out why it wont crank and then we will work from there.

94spitfire91
08-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Do you hear any clicking? Very typical of a solenoid. Its the noise resulting in a solenoid not getting the power you need you may not have enough elctricity flowin to it due to well, battery wires actual solenoid could be fried etc

kamilitaryman
08-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Does your 240 have an alarm?

dreamin240sx
08-25-2010, 12:35 PM
i hear clicking which i figured was the relay and know i do not have an alarm.

dreamin240sx
08-26-2010, 08:46 PM
ok so i changed starters so i know it odesnt have anything to do with that but the main problem is i still have no spark and when i turn the ignition on to the start position still nothing happens. i have changed relays i even checked the 34 plug on the ecu harness to make sure it has power which it does. so please help i have been working on this car for quite some time and i seriously have no idea what to check next pleae help.....

c72c
08-26-2010, 08:51 PM
you didn't happen to go a/t to m/t did you?
sounds the same as a NSS problem.

RebornS14.HTC
08-26-2010, 08:57 PM
you didn't happen to go a/t to m/t did you?
sounds the same as a NSS problem.

if you went from automatic and did a 5speed swap during all this, this ^^ guy is on the money.

dreamin240sx
08-26-2010, 09:07 PM
no its already a five speed but do you think it could be the interlock relay?

s13pignose
08-27-2010, 12:33 AM
edit...Scratch my idea you said your putting in a DE motor

PoorMans180SX
08-27-2010, 06:05 AM
KA's have ignitors as well. Could be bad.

Get the cranking problem fixed first. Make sure you have power to the ignition switch when it's in the "start" position.

Make sure the starter relay is working. Check the other wiring to the starter. Make sure your main ground is clean and tight.

dreamin240sx
08-27-2010, 08:50 AM
ok ill check that stuff but where is the main ground at is it under the dash or in the engine bay?

dreamin240sx
08-27-2010, 08:53 AM
ok the main ground is good and the wires going to the starter have power and i also checked the 34 plug on the harness when i turn the key to the roll over position it has power as well.

slothonaleash
08-27-2010, 10:20 AM
You should try changing out your ignitor!

dreamin240sx
08-27-2010, 10:05 PM
ok good news today i got the ignition switch to roll ovr the motor so that is all taken care of now i am trying to figure out this spark issue.