PDA

View Full Version : gauge cluster issues

dpritchard4
08-19-2010, 04:34 PM
ve searched, searched and searched all over the place for someone with the same issue, but no luck.....

i bought a 90 ka24e car about 2 months ago (actually got a deal and bought that and a vert) from a member on this sight, and after a month sitting in NY, i finally got it home to sell, but it has one large issue making it difficult to sell at a decent asking price, so im gonna fix it and drive it for awile.....ok enough background

none of the gauges move..... the gas gauge will move all over the place, but nothing else moves. ive check all the fuses, and looked at the relays i thought would have an issue. the blinker lights on the cluster work, so i assume its getting power, but a friend had a similar issue and i jumped the green wire on the bottom right plug behind the coolant temp right to a 12v source and nothing happened. i swapped gauge clusters and still nothing. it has the stock engine...the radio wires are all moded (havin a difficlut time figuring out what wire is what) lookes like he added an aftermarket horn located in the trunk, but its disconnected, it has an aftermarket steering wheel and one wire was cut and spliced, but i havent gotten the wiring diagram out (because the 90 fms sucks, been tryin to use the 92 that i have for my vert)

anyone got any ideas, ive searched and talked with alot of other owners, but no luck...thanks for the help

dpritchard4
08-25-2010, 10:32 AM
After playin around alil more with the gauges....now only one blinker light works...I know its not the cluster, it has to be a wiring issue, where should I start??

niteridaz503
08-25-2010, 10:37 AM
I had a similar issue & ended up changing the wire harness that's connected to the cluster & the gauge cluster itself & fixed my issue