PDA

View Full Version : Not your ordinary Sr20det Idle Problem

AceUp
08-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Alright, usually I can figure stuff on my own but iam lost on this one. I have a Fresh build s13 blacktop with the following

cp pistons/eagle rods
264 camshafts/ springs
Greddy Intake Manifold
gt2871r
740cc injectors
z32 maf
powerfc

My problem is this. when i start it cold the idle is at 1500-1600 with and a slight miss fire. AFR is around 10.8 and has a slight miss fire. timing is at 25. i let it warm up and it stays the same. then i go to my Maf settings and switch to VH41 maf and idle drops and AFR goes even more rich, then i quickly switch it back to VG30 and walla Idle goes to smooth 950-1050 timing is down at 15 degrees no misfire AFR is 12.8-13.0.... Give it some gas, slightly starts to misfire and hangs up on decel at 1500 and then drops down back to 950. Or sometimes just dies on decel.

Checked and cleaned IACV, TPS voltage is at .47, Checked Maf, Redid all grounds, checked for vacuum leaks. fuel pressure is around 3.0 Bar.

what do u guys think?

jspaeth
08-09-2010, 09:03 AM
Alright, usually I can figure stuff on my own but iam lost on this one. I have a Fresh build s13 blacktop with the following

cp pistons/eagle rods
264 camshafts/ springs
Greddy Intake Manifold
gt2871r
740cc injectors
z32 maf
powerfc

My problem is this. when i start it cold the idle is at 1500-1600 with and a slight miss fire. AFR is around 10.8 and has a slight miss fire. timing is at 25. i let it warm up and it stays the same. then i go to my Maf settings and switch to VH41 maf and idle drops and AFR goes even more rich, then i quickly switch it back to VG30 and walla Idle goes to smooth 950-1050 timing is down at 15 degrees no misfire AFR is 12.8-13.0.... Give it some gas, slightly starts to misfire and hangs up on decel at 1500 and then drops down back to 950. Or sometimes just dies on decel.

Checked and cleaned IACV, TPS voltage is at .47, Checked Maf, Redid all grounds, checked for vacuum leaks. fuel pressure is around 3.0 Bar.

what do u guys think?

This is a very typical problem that many PFC users with big cams experience.

Sometimes the idle settles into "idle mode" which is when it at the idle that you ahve set and the timing locks in at 15*.

Other times, it gets hung up at a higher RPM with more timing.

The issue is that the self-learn doesn't work well with the big cams and you cannot explicitly control the IACV parameters via the powerfc.

AceUp
08-09-2010, 12:14 PM
so you are saying I should get it retuned? the cams and the turbo/Fuel system is the same as my old setup. PFC has been disconnected for 2 years but i dont think the map should have been lost. Do you think the Intake Manifold and a Vmount would effect the tune that much? The car/tune was amazingly smooth before.