PDA

View Full Version : Sr Suttering at WOT..

SRPILOT
07-30-2003, 03:15 PM
My car sutters at full throttle in 1 and 2 gear..tach goes crazy..but 3 and 4 climbs at full throttle..but dosent climb up the rpms like normal..If i progessivly give the car gas in 1 and 2 it will climb to redline..but not under full throttle..and it backfires a lot..i switched the ecu and maf with other ones..same problem..i have to assume wiring is fine..cuz i just had it rewired..and looked over by another person..i just changed the coolant temp sensor(ecu)..oh another thing when car starts stuttering and backfires my radio turns off and on..wierd stuff..plugs are new and their color is ok..what else is left..I had it in a shop..they couldnt fix it..they checked everything they said..and told me that their is nothing more that they can do..car runs fine if i dont get on it..any comments will help..thanks

the head
07-30-2003, 03:27 PM
try changing the ignitor chip check to see if the coils are fireing or have a short
also could just be running rich

Bill Roberts
07-30-2003, 04:05 PM
You know what? Sounds like a faulty ground. Check all of them with a volt/ohm meter.

240_keyy
07-30-2003, 08:31 PM
I am having a similar problem with my SR, I have narrowed it down to a MAFS problem...