PDA

View Full Version : How do i install new cd deck with the bose system ..

240sxxs
07-26-2010, 05:42 PM
IM TRYING TO INSTALL AN AFTERMARKET PIONEER DECK INTO MY 300ZX. THE 300ZX HAS ALL THE STOCK WIRING PLUGS, BUT WHEN I BOUGHT THE CAR IT DIDNT COME WITH THE OEM STEREO. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA HOW TO WIRE UP THE DECK TO MY STOCK HARNESSES? oh btw it has bose so it makes it a little harder. and im sorry my caps lock was on so im not yelling lol

cdlong
07-27-2010, 02:29 AM
if your caps lock is on, turn it off and retype. stop being a lazy dick if you expect to get any answers.

the bose system likely has some external amps. you'll have to bypass those and just wire up the head unit with the appropriate adapter harness from any car stereo shop or auto parts store.

drift213
07-27-2010, 02:37 AM
^^ that guy is right get the adapter harness from stereo shop then just match alike colors

lexlaxlux
07-27-2010, 03:32 AM
IM TRYING TO INSTALL AN AFTERMARKET PIONEER DECK INTO MY 300ZX. THE 300ZX HAS ALL THE STOCK WIRING PLUGS, BUT WHEN I BOUGHT THE CAR IT DIDNT COME WITH THE OEM STEREO. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA HOW TO WIRE UP THE DECK TO MY STOCK HARNESSES? oh btw it has bose so it makes it a little harder. and im sorry my caps lock was on so im not yelling lol

You dont need the stock radio to wire in an aftermarket head unit.

Heres what you do. Go to Pepboys or Walmart and find a harness (Nissan 199x 300zx etc) that will plug into the stock audio connecter (Purples, Whites, Greens, Orange, Blues, Red, Black some with black or white stripes on them)...

Using the harness provided with the head unit you purchased and the new harness you just bought from wherever, solder the connections and wrap in electrical tape or you can crimp them using connectors. Purchase an antenna adapter if you got the old school two prong piece of shit. Then your set. "it has bose so its harder" blah blah blah its all the same. The only problems I can see you running into with the Bose speakers are the extra amps you got for the tweeters.. for the rest. the Front/rear speakers should work fine.

cdlong
07-27-2010, 04:35 AM
i forgot about that, bose speakers are often 2 ohms, overworking the new headunit (most are set up for 4 ohms). new speakers are probably a good idea too, partly to get rid of the bose shit.

240sxxs
07-28-2010, 02:22 AM
well i know how to do the colored matching parts, but i just dont know how to get it work with the bose .. so pretty much is

go buy the stereo harness from whatever for my car
then color match it
then plug it in ??

i dont really care about the tweeter ... as matter of fact i dont use them , i just want the back and the front speaker to work .

Slip&Sliden 240
07-28-2010, 08:24 AM
The Bose system uses amps at each speaker. You need a converter to lower signal strength from the head unit to the speaker. Any car audio store will have this. If you dont your volume will be to loud at low volume levels.

csar
07-28-2010, 09:14 AM
If theirs a frys electronics around your area. go their,buy the harness they wil offer to install it for 25bucks an you'll save yourself some headaches an what not.or best buy,audio shops usually overprice stuff

240sxxs
07-28-2010, 10:16 AM
the install is easy i can install it my self... but what i dont get is what do i need to finish the job...

the harness for the aftermarket deck to the stock factury plug
the converter for lower signal ?
the interface for bose
????? is that all ?

cdlong
07-29-2010, 08:05 AM
try google, this shouldn't be hard to find.

If theirs a frys electronics around your area. go their,buy the harness they wil offer to install it for 25bucks an you'll save yourself some headaches an what not.or best buy,audio shops usually overprice stuff

i thought the original post was hard to read, but i think we have a new winner. why do people think that posting on the internet is a race or requirement of some sort? if you can't portray yourself in a positive light, (by that i mean, as a competent adult) don't post.

there
they're
their

they're all different, learn to use them and you'll look like less of an idiot.

If there's a frys electronics around your area, go there, buy the harness. they will offer to install it for 25 bucks and you'll save yourself some headaches and what not. or best buy, audio shops usually overprice stuff

isn't that easier to comprehend? but to comment on that, audio shops generally are staffed by more competent workers than the monkeys at best buy. you get what you pay for.

Broadfield
07-29-2010, 08:36 AM
We are going to make this real simple. You have three choices:

A) You can buy a standard wiring harness and wire it up to the aftermarket radio color for color. However, you will need to bypass all four Bose amplifiers AND replace all of the Bose speakers with aftermarket. The Bose speakers are 1-ohm and cannot be wired to the aftermarket radio. Sure it may work for a bit, but it will eventually burn up the amplifier outputs out of the radio. Good news is you can simply bypass the amplifier at each amplifier plug. Which means you won't have to run new wires like you do on some vehicles.

B) You can buy a standard wiring harness and wire it up to the aftermarket radio color for color except for the speaker connections. You will not use the speaker wires out of the aftermarket headunit and instead get two sets of RCA cables and cut the ends off. You will wire these into the speaker wires on the wiring harness you bought then simply plug them into the RCA outputs on your radio. This way you are supplying a low level signal to the Bose amplifiers. However, this doesn't always work. You can get bad noise or interference depending on the preamp voltage of your radio and the quality of noise suppression it has built into it.

C) You can do it the absolute right way and buy an interface designed to add a radio to an OEM Bose system. These generally run about $40 or so. This module will allow you to match the output of your radio to the input of the Bose amplifiers. I use the ROEM/NIS1. It will come with the wiring harness for your car already attached. You will simply wire your new radio the ROEM/NIS1 and plug it into the car. You will also need to remember to wire the amplifier remote turn-on out of your radio. It's all color coded though.

240sxxs
07-29-2010, 10:59 AM
thank broadfield... i really appriciate you for posting and taking your time out and type for me.. .and yes..it work now.. i did the right way ...Option c...and work perfectly... thank you...thread close..

raycobra02
06-01-2012, 09:00 AM
I am new to this forum stuff. I have been a Z owner for about a year and I could really use some help. I have done a lot of research on this and I own a 1991 300zx TT with a bose system. I hooked up everything correctly (hopefully) to the harness (all the wires, speaker wires to the RCA preamp) but I don't use the radio so I didn't bother plugging in the two prong antenna because when I looked online for the adapter, there was weird one where the two prong split into the normal/common adapter and some other thing which I didn't understand. But all the cable are connected even the ground for the amp and turn on BUT my aftermarket kenwood will not turn on. Does the antenna have something to do with this? I don't understand why but when I plugged the original bose back in to see if I could figure the problem out and it would not turn on without the two prong antenna being plugged in. Kind of weird unless the antenna serves more than the purpose of being just an antenna. Or should I separately wire the power and ground directly to battery? Also the stock bose had a ground wire on the back harness and under it attached to the headunit, do I nee to use that as well? Thanks for all your help guys.

Mathew1
06-01-2012, 06:55 PM
The Bose system uses amps at each speaker. You need a converter to lower signal strength from the head unit to the speaker. Any car audio store will have this. If you dont your volume will be to loud at low volume levels.

http://www.castoffdebt.comwell

bumb ubm!