PDA

View Full Version : Eagle rods.. non directional?

Gription
07-24-2010, 08:02 PM
I got a set of eagle rods for an sr second hand and they came with no instructions, so I was left without knowing which way they are supposed to face in the block.
I called Eagle and asked them and they said they are non directional. Okay. So I installed them all with the eagle logo facing toward the front and the numbers facing to the flywheel.
Looking at them now, I noticed they oil holes on the rod bearings and the crank are slightly offset which has me wondering if what the guy at Eagle told me is true.

Does anyone who has experience with installing eagle rods know if they are directional or not? I need to get this thing together quick.
Thank you!

ashtonroche
07-24-2010, 08:11 PM
The eagle rods said nothing about direction. I had mine in for a year and 10k miles with 450whp on 20 psi pump daily and 30psi on C16 550whp on track and some weekends. Always abused every day and when I pulled the pistons out to change the rings and bearings just because i had the head off for head work the bearings were in perfect condition.

I placed mine with the serial number on the thin sides where the halves meet towards the front of the block, just so i had them all one direction. But i dont think it really matters. The holes can be somewhat offset as oil is still gonna flow up through the galley.

Gription
07-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Thats about what I figured. Thank you for the clarification!

nieko
07-24-2010, 10:59 PM
i looked at the stock rod, and put them in the same way.

makes sense right?
lewl