PDA

View Full Version : Need exclusive shop who can help me with custom s13 build

sloterg
07-20-2010, 08:25 AM
so i did a search.. and got a buncha stuff i was not looking for..

i finally have enough money to start my project but i dont know where to go to get it done..

i live in los angeles/riverside california area and im stationed in san antonio texas. i was wondering if anyone knew of reputable shops that can do:

-body work/fabrication
-body conversions (ex. s15 front)
-engine rebuilds/engine installs (sr20, ka-t, rb's)
-5 speed conversions
-paint jobs
-who are willing to help with my custom ideas, body, engine..

im planning to completely redo my car, inside out.. start out completely fresh.. and have a real smooth clean looking car.

any suggestions would be appreciated

spindrift187
07-20-2010, 09:06 AM
your in the military, every base pretty much as an auto hobby shop. EVERYTHING you want to do can be done there. just research, search the internet for how to articles/step by step instructions, ask the staff at the auto hobby shop, and download yourself an fsm. the paint and body work/fab stuff are the only things on your list that may require a professional.

sloterg
07-20-2010, 11:58 PM
id rather go through a professional for all this.. i dont have any tools and im constantly moving so i was looking for a shop that could assist me with everything i wanna do.

heavenboundkevin
07-21-2010, 12:19 AM
if youre constantly moving how are you going to get this done? you do know that shops take time(read:MONTHS) to do these things right. They also cost A LOT OF MONEY, what you listed -engine work,body work, that can equal $10,000 easily. I dont think you want to put that kind of money into an s13.

imagine buying a car, and sending it to one of these shops, in socal, and having to send money from texas to some shop, that you cant even keep good track of what work is being done to your car.

either way youre obviously a baller, swimming in money so just call some shops and ask them for ideas.

kognition
07-21-2010, 12:26 AM
Man, just get yourself a GTR and call it a day.

DJPimpFlex
07-21-2010, 12:57 AM
blu808.com

sloterg
07-22-2010, 11:58 AM
thanks DJPimpFlex

yingiang
08-03-2010, 12:27 AM
kustomzunltdinc.com/main/

Krimlin
08-13-2010, 12:38 AM
In Houston there's a few shops:
Secret Services Auto, these guys are top of the line in my book They did a outstanding job on my VH45 swap even though it was their first. and I've seen some of the work they've put out and it's as always been awesome.
Phn # 713-SSA-RACE
They can be contacted on www.houston-imports.com (http://www.houston-imports.com) forums as a sponsor

SMT Garage, They have an outstanding staff of people that are very familiar with these cars and race them, I haveno personal dealings with them but have heard nothing but good things about thier work quality.
They can be contacted on www.houston240sx.com (http://www.houston240sx.com) forums as a sponsor

Midnight Preformance, Newer shop with good reviews I know a few of the guys running it and they're legit guys so I'm sure their work is legit.
They can be contacted on www.houston240sx.com (http://www.houston240sx.com/) forums as a sponsor

mikespeed95
08-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Is your car in Texas or Cali?

What work are you wanting done?

SMT as listed above can do anything you want, and they have a body shop connection, but they are in Houston.