PDA

View Full Version : ka24de-t starting issue

chetacheese
07-19-2010, 05:21 PM
so i finished getting my ka-t back together and i test drove it around the block a couple times. runs well but still get some white smoke. i just replaced the headgasket and i checked the radiator for bubbles and the oil dipstick for signs of coolant. no signs at all.

second, i turn off the car, and 30 minutes later im thinking the cars good to drive out. i go a block and as im stepping on the gas, the rpm drops. it seems like the acceleration was cutting out. it intermittenly starts accelerating again but completely died out. i tried to start the car and it fired up but wouldnt stay on. besides that it would only start sometimes, the rest of the times, the starter would click. when it cranks, it wouldnt turn over.

sorry if this is confusing but if anyone has any ideas as to what this issue could be, please throw in your suggestions. it sounds like a vacuum issue but ive messed with most of my vacuum lines

chetacheese
07-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Anyone with any ideas?

chetacheese
07-20-2010, 04:02 PM
sorry guys, i figured it out. it was the ground to the maf sensor.

shinobis13hb
07-20-2010, 04:16 PM
had the same damn problem 2 days ago on the free way, was on the enterance just felt like hauling ass.. BAM car bogs out then dies wouldnt idle correct.