PDA

View Full Version : RB25det NEO 6 MAF issue or fuel pump problem?

drugsbunny
07-15-2010, 01:12 PM
I was using the stock ka24de fuel pump on my rb25det. When i tried to drive the car i couldn't go past 2mph. the throttle just stopped responding. Sooo i decided to upgrade the fuel pump to a walbro 255. Now i can at least hit 25mph. Im using a rb25det maf. it has a pink sticker on it. Im not sure what the problem could be. i already adjusted the TPS sensor.

iwannaslyde
07-16-2010, 09:41 AM
im having this same issue with my KA-DE. ive got the walbro 255, but my engine bogs down after about 25% throttle and wont respond unless i keep it under 25%. i have to inch through each gear until i get up to speed...super sucks. ive changed out the fuel filter and Coolant Temp Sensor...next up is the MAF...idk if that might help since ur using the RB Maf...from what ive read by searching, it usually ends up being the Maf

drugsbunny
07-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Yeah i think its a MAF problem. I used my ka24 MAF on my neo6 engine. and i cant go past 2mph. The neo 6 uses a different maf then the rb25det. the neo6 uses a 2.0volt maf and the rb25det uses a 4volt.

drugsbunny
10-27-2010, 01:39 PM
turns out the wires going to the MAF were to think and it was throwing everything off, to much voltage going in. I put the correct wires and the car runs great!

steve shadows
10-28-2010, 03:00 PM
This rule of thumb is worth the money and will save you a lot of headache...

1. Make sure if you are using factory ECU that you have factory MAF to match (be 100% sure on this). If the motor shop you got the set from didnt provide you with this then get it...

2.If you are going to upgrade your MAF, go straight for PFC...if you want to go crazier than that then go to a MAP setup like HALTECH...AEM Is good but the fact that you can't use your OEM CAS wheel is eh...

Through years of nightmares with MAF issues and all kinds of crap I realized these two rules will save you a lot of trouble and headache and are well worth the money...