PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Swap Question: RB26 in GD WRX

KoukiS14Silvia
07-26-2003, 04:35 PM
lol guys i was just wondering what you guys think of a RB26 in a GD WRX. Is it crazy, would it work, what do you think, etc. Just wondering....

KoukiS14Silvia
07-26-2003, 06:40 PM
If any of you guys got any feedback ya wanna give please post!!:o

AKADriver
07-26-2003, 08:11 PM
I think it's an utterly retarded idea.

I also think this post has nothing to do with 240SXs anyway.

Tubed4evr
07-27-2003, 10:14 AM
lol guys i was just wondering what you guys think of a RB26 in a GD WRX. Is it crazy, would it work, what do you think, etc. Just wondering....

The reason being . . . ? Why would you want to go through all the trouble of making custom EVERYTHING to throw in a motor that has the same hp as the stock STi? It would end up being more expensive than the STi too. That project would be very very difficult. The only reason to do such a thing would be for originality at a show maybe. Anything can be done with enough money though.

Ryan

KiDyNomiTe
07-27-2003, 12:30 PM
That would be a big pain. Would the RB even fit?

Your better off buying a 240 and putting an RB26 in it, or buying a datsun and putting an rb in it.

Or how about this, buy a freakin r32. And bring it as a track car, either way its gonna be illegal so you might as well save money and not legalize it, and just use it as a track car.

BoaConChicken
07-27-2003, 05:27 PM
thats stupid.

ae86andrewcrew
07-27-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Tubed4evr
The reason being . . . ? Why would you want to go through all the trouble of making custom EVERYTHING to throw in a motor that has the same hp as the stock STi? It would end up being more expensive than the STi too. That project would be very very difficult. The only reason to do such a thing would be for originality at a show maybe. Anything can be done with enough money though.

Ryan

i dont think this swap is a good idea either, but i think your reasoning isn't very well thought out. sure the rb26dett may have the same hp as the sti (ej25??) motor, but the rb26 has MUCH more potential. have u seen any 1200 hp boxers????

Bill Roberts
07-27-2003, 09:25 PM
The rad to firewall is not long enough INHO. You would need to stretch the car 7 inches and this would throw the balance off.

This idea is akin to either putting racing slicks on a new rolls Royce Corniche IV or taking a beat up dodge dart and putting a lawn mower engine in it.

Of course, great ideas start with abstract thoughts. If that car was anemic to begin with, yes, putting some HP under the hood would be desireable.

Howabout taking the WRX and building the stock power plant to 600HP? This would be far easier and far less expensive. Someone could do it..and will in due time.

I would not want to drive it. too high off the ground to begin with.

Just watch what people will do to it...

Believe it or not, a Chevy V8 Would fit, but the tranny would not.

mentordrift
01-13-2012, 01:01 PM
I want to bring this back to life after reading the article of the GC with an RB25 in it...........

7thgearRacing
02-24-2012, 02:14 PM
:duh: sounds like a bad idea!!

revcyanide
02-24-2012, 02:35 PM
bumping a fucking 9 year old thread, that has to be a new record.

Walperstyle
02-29-2012, 12:58 PM
If you bump an old thread talking about an article.... then post the article.