PDA

View Full Version : shell help

92s13Widebody
07-12-2010, 10:52 PM
im looking to buy a s13 coupe shell i think i have found one it has a motor and transmission but its auto and it runs the guy is giving me a good deal on it but i was wondering if i just drop the motor and transmision and put my sr in it and fix the center peice in the interior to a 5 speed center peice is that all i have to do since my sr already has a manual tranny?

c72c
07-13-2010, 10:32 AM
as long as you have the harness and ecu with your SR it's pretty much a straight engine swap.
for the mission, you'll have to change the console piece and install the clutch pedal, clutch master cylinder and run the lines.

i'm sure there's a how to somewhere around here

racepar1
07-13-2010, 10:39 AM
im looking to buy a s13 coupe shell i think i have found one it has a motor and transmission but its auto and it runs the guy is giving me a good deal on it but i was wondering if i just drop the motor and transmision and put my sr in it and fix the center peice in the interior to a 5 speed center peice is that all i have to do since my sr already has a manual tranny?

For the A/T to manual swap you would need:

-clutch pedal
-brake pedal
-clutchline/hose
-clutch master
-clutch slave
-shift boot
-M/T driveshaft

For the center console trim piece you just un-screw the A/T plate from the bottom and screw on a shift boot. The trim panel istelf is the same. There is also some wiring that you would need to do for the reverse lights and for the start-interrupt.

If you're interested in a clean fastback shell that's already a 5-speed LMK...

92s13Widebody
07-13-2010, 06:14 PM
as long as you have the harness and ecu with your SR it's pretty much a straight engine swap.
for the mission, you'll have to change the console piece and install the clutch pedal, clutch master cylinder and run the lines.

i'm sure there's a how to somewhere around here

thats what i was thinking cause my sr20 is a manual im just gunna put everything from it into the coupe

If you're interested in a clean fastback shell that's already a 5-speed LMK...

i have a hatch im looking for a coupe