PDA

View Full Version : weird shake

c-los13
07-12-2010, 08:12 PM
its a 91 hatch with dohc ka, stick
ive recently noticed that when i take off on 1st gear the car shakes alot!
its like this:
im letting go off the clutch and pressing on the gas pedal and its like the car wants to die, it shakes as if im not putting enough gas
this only happens on 1st gear, the rest of the gears are smooth
it doesnt happen all the time, usually after driving for a while.
somebody told me the wire plugs so i got new ones and the problem still there.

HAS ANYONE HAd THIS PROBLEM?
COULD IT BE FUEL STARVATION? MY STOCK FUEL PUMP GETS LOUD SOMETIMES ALL OF THE SUDDEN
im also running lean for reason

ANYONE?

c-los13
07-13-2010, 08:25 PM
why hasnt anybody replied????????????????????/
come please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ceepo
07-13-2010, 11:48 PM
check the fuel pressure when your driving in that gear/when the shaking happens, check an see what its at...

c-los13
07-15-2010, 07:26 PM
how can i check the fuel pressure while driving?
sorry about my ignorance

c-los13
07-16-2010, 08:22 PM
anyone!!!!!!!!????????????
i drove the car in the morning and it kept doing it so i took to the mechanic and it didnt wanna do it at all!
i hasnt done since then
i think ima get a fuel pump cuz i saw white smoke coming outta the exhaust when i turned on the car today too =(
too lean i guess

HELP!

ttLOVEjh s13
07-16-2010, 08:36 PM
change your fuel fitler it can be clog and causing your fuel pump to make weird noise/struggling.... Im just trying to help maybe im wronge

dahrayyal
07-17-2010, 01:23 AM
hey this kinda happens to me too!
well heres mine:
auto tranny, and after driving for a while, i would be at a stop, and then im just loking at my rpms then it starts shaking and the rpms are like bouncing down adn up like its abt to die or something. and it only happens when im stopped. sometimes at the light, its like hiccuping, or thats what i feel its doing. haha what did u end up doing to fix it?

DataXUnknown
07-17-2010, 02:52 AM
hey this kinda happens to me too!
well heres mine:
auto tranny, and after driving for a while, i would be at a stop, and then im just loking at my rpms then it starts shaking and the rpms are like bouncing down adn up like its abt to die or something. and it only happens when im stopped. sometimes at the light, its like hiccuping, or thats what i feel its doing. haha what did u end up doing to fix it?

As for your question, I think your torque convertor/tranny is about to die. Same thing was happening to mine. Other than that maybe a vacuum leak

Jayycob
07-17-2010, 03:07 AM
You should also check your MAF sensor. My car used to die & shake at idle because one of the prongs were loose (quick fix if you have a sottering gun). Sometimes the car would run smooth,other times it would run like dookie.

Took it to a few different shops. One said it was my wiring, my o2 sensor, and others said it could be a vacuum leak and that i would have to replace all my hoses. Both of which would have cost a few hundred.

Maybe not the source of your problem, but just trying to help you out. Good luck

c-los13
07-17-2010, 09:57 PM
thanks everybody
i already fixed my maf, o2 sensor, fuel filter, dist cap, rotor
here is my question now...............................

WHEN I REPLACED MY FUEL FILTER IT WAS "SUPER" DIRTY! LIKE MY FRIEND BLEW ON ONE OF THE SIDES AND DIRT CAME OUT!

COULD MY FUEL LINES HAVE DIRT STILL?

davirene
07-17-2010, 10:44 PM
You ought to drop your tank and flush it and look inside for corrosion....

That might not be dirt...it might be rust from the inside of the tank....had the car sat for long periods?

If the filter was that dirty...you should change it again in a couple of weeks...you will probably have more build up??

Good Luck....

c-los13
07-18-2010, 11:16 AM
yeah before i bought i wasnt drove for years
ill change the fuel filter this week for sure
thanks alot
i hope this resolves my problem =(