PDA

View Full Version : SR Idle issues, need advice. Thanks.

mvaldez95
07-07-2010, 07:02 PM
I have been working on and off on my s13 sr20 motor for about a couple of years now and Ive run into a problem that i cant seem to figure out. my sr wont seem to idle right for the life of me. While the motor is cold the idle is good and throttle response is good. As the motor starts to warm up throttle response seems to be more sluggish and there is a strong smell of exhaust! the idle just keep dropping and when the motor is at operating temp and i rev it up a little is fall flat and the motor will die. if i let it idle is just idles very low at like 400 rpms. maybe its boost leaks or maybe timing i just want to get some input on where i should start first. thanks a lot for any help!! :wan:

Om1kron
07-07-2010, 08:34 PM
is your 02 sensor hooked up. and holy fuck you live in rosamond, my condolences lol.

Normally that's how my car runs anytime the 02 sensor is not hooked up. especially if your ecu is not throwing any codes.

mvaldez95
07-07-2010, 10:11 PM
is your 02 sensor hooked up. and holy fuck you live in rosamond, my condolences lol.

Normally that's how my car runs anytime the 02 sensor is not hooked up. especially if your ecu is not throwing any codes.

Yeah, tell me about it. Lol.

My 02 sensor is hooked up. However, I don't own an ecu code-reader and the sr ecu 'screw' that triggers the led light to flash is stripped thanks to the previous owner.

Thanks for the reply.