PDA

View Full Version : T28 Coolant lines on an S14

SWAT Team S14
07-04-2010, 11:19 AM
Does anybody know if it matters which side the coolant inlet & outlet lines go to? I have to imagine it's just a straight through design, where coolant flows in between the journals, but I wanted to be sure. I have seen the FSM, so I know which way they are suppsoed to go, but the DiF braided lines fit much better backwards. Basically, the outlet from the block is going to the outside line & the inlet from the water neck is coming from the inside line. The FSM shows the inside to the block & the outside to the neck. I doubt it's any issue, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks in advance.

GroundPerformance
07-04-2010, 11:24 AM
It doesn't matter..

let5l1de
07-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Technically speaking, It Does Matter!

The tilt of a chra should be approximately 20deg. With that said, the lower point of the chra should be the water inlet (low temp supply). The higher port should be the outlet (higher temp drain or return), allowing the high temp fluid within the chra to rise with the heat and return to the block.

GR Performance
~mario

SWAT Team S14
07-04-2010, 06:18 PM

The tilt of a chra should be approximately 20deg. With that said, the lower point of the chra should be the water inlet (low temp supply). The higher port should be the outlet (higher temp drain or return), allowing the high temp fluid within the chra to rise with the heat and return to the block.

GR Performance
~mario

But considering the inlet & outlet are at the same angle on the t28 (basically directly across from each other) from the factory, it probably doesn't matter then. I know you're saying "technically" it should be the lower port, but it shouldn't make a major difference, right? Thanks for your response, it was helpful.

let5l1de
07-05-2010, 01:15 PM
I would be quick to assume that it would make a big difference.

I'm sure you know that the turbo (compressor housing, chra and turbine housing) housings are adjustable and may be "clocked" at different angles. Also, the exhaust manifold flange to turbine housing may be welded with the 20deg. rule figured in. Dependent on the mfg of manifold of course.

~mario

GroundPerformance
07-08-2010, 01:32 PM

GR Performance
~mario

lol.. 20deg. Since mine is clocked evenly for better oil flow I suppose I should clock as you said.. Come on.. Cooling system is pressurized so it will flow where it needs to go.