PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question for the ages

actiew
07-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Going to install and tune an AEM ECU on a s13 sr20det. But I was told that the stock maf will do fine cuz im tuning the ecu if done correctly. But I find that hard to believe... Someone please enlighten me before I spend my new actuator money on a part I dont really need...

actiew
07-03-2010, 02:18 PM
sorry second part to that questions was installin a z32 maf will it improve ne thing or waste of time if ecu tuned correctly.

Def
07-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Go with a MAP sensor with an AEM EMS. No real reason to run a MAF and deal with potentially being stuck if you pop your IC piping loose.

fliprayzin240sx
07-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Def, are AEM EMS just like the PFC where they have 2 types? D-jetro vs L-jetro kinda deal for AEM or is it just an optional kit that you hook up to the EMS to run a MAP sensor?

actiew
07-04-2010, 07:57 AM
Okay Im having all my work professionally installed at R&I automotive in tampa. Just wanted to make sure everything was inorder so there werent any delays in the build. Appreciated...

actiew
07-04-2010, 08:01 AM
Also wat is the max and safe boost for a DD t28 bb with a HKS actuator with stock internals for a s13 sr20det. Yes I did read thru the forums and alot of the past discussions are dated back in 06 07. Its 2010 so things change and people experiment and discover new ways. have upgrades like greddy FMIC, rockers, 750cc injectors, and etc... typical build just wanna make sure im still riding a month from now....

Zerolift Autolab
07-05-2010, 09:20 AM
With the AEM system I would go with the MAP Sensor.
It eliminates alot of typical MAF issues.
You can run a real intake to the turbo rather than going up/down in pipe diameter.

S14DB
07-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Def, are AEM EMS just like the PFC where they have 2 types? D-jetro vs L-jetro kinda deal for AEM or is it just an optional kit that you hook up to the EMS to run a MAP sensor?

The boards on the EMS is the same. Just the harness connector is different for all the models. so all of them have:
# Up to 12 peak and hold injector drivers.
# Up to 8 direct-fire coil outputs.
# Up to 16 general-purpose outputs.
# Up to 8 definable switch inputs.
# Up to 4 EGT inputs with fuel control.

When you load the base tune for your car it sets up the inputs to what the stock car has.

Then you just buy a GM IAT and a 3 or 4 bar MAP and wire them into the harness. Then go into the software and change the settings from maf to map inputs.

Base tune is just for ease of startup and to be basically Plug N Play. After that you can turn on any feature you want like: Electronic boost control, Programmable traction control, Software definable knock control, Two step launch control, soft-cut rev limiters, Wet or dry nitrous control.

It's a whole different ball game then PFC. It's a full standalone where as the PFC is more like a fully adjustable stock ecu. You can change all the stock functions but you can't add additional features.

But, AEM is about twice the price of an PFC. So, you really have to ask yourself if you need the features of the AEM. Or, do you just need to tune the stock settings.

actiew
07-07-2010, 01:21 PM
I have a direct intake a greddy suction kit connected to the turbo and already purchased the AEM ECU cuz I was originally gonna go 500 HP was lookin at a precision turbo and mazworxs set up wit injector dynamics going all out till i drove my shawties daddies GT2 porche and realized that alot of HP is noting to play around wit cuz that shit give u tunnel vision like riding a 1000cc bike. So ill rather crawl before I walk nah mean. Wanna control the car not let the car control me so im start small so i can appreciate the power later under control though. Cuz Im in germany right now and pushing a GT2 on the autobahn at 260km is no joke and that wasnt even half way of wat it could do. Only got up to 1bar on the turbo but that beast wants to good and it will wit no hesitation. Ill post a pic so kats know im not bullshittin

actiew
07-07-2010, 01:50 PM
here are some of the pics of the GT2

actiew
07-07-2010, 02:03 PM
tryna figure out why my pics are so big for the limit but they all under 500kb so bare wit me

actiew
07-07-2010, 02:22 PM
appreciate the advice but bare wit me on the pics tryna connect wit my facebook cuz i got video also. if u know what im doin wrong please help

ATLspeed
07-07-2010, 02:35 PM
*grabs top of nose between the eyes*
....sigh....

actiew
07-07-2010, 02:51 PM
gues i gotta become a premium to change avatar and posr pics huh...

projectRDM
07-07-2010, 02:55 PM
I have a direct intake a greddy suction kit connected to the turbo and already purchased the AEM ECU cuz I was originally gonna go 500 HP was lookin at a precision turbo and mazworxs set up wit injector dynamics going all out till i drove my shawties daddies GT2 porche and realized that alot of HP is noting to play around wit cuz that shit give u tunnel vision like riding a 1000cc bike. So ill rather crawl before I walk nah mean. Wanna control the car not let the car control me so im start small so i can appreciate the power later under control though. Cuz Im in germany right now and pushing a GT2 on the autobahn at 260km is no joke and that wasnt even half way of wat it could do. Only got up to 1bar on the turbo but that beast wants to good and it will wit no hesitation. Ill post a pic so kats know im not bullshittin

We speak English here. Maybe you should try it too.

jspaeth
07-07-2010, 03:14 PM

hahahaha

+1000000000

actiew
07-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Really..., really if you not trying to help me with my build keep your comments to your self. Because a try racer, mech, or tech would be willing to help steer a newbie in the right directions so that he is not wasting money in areas that isnt need like alot of you did during your first builds. A real man or woman should be proud to know that they taught someone the ropes and know that they have graduated from newbie to could be's and maybe later into a true racer. Just seeing around these sites alot of hating on anything someone is trying to do. These sites were created to share knowledge about our cars and experiences with trying to get them to achieve our power and performance goals. Not to sit here and make smart remarks about someone's english or abbreviations of words on a post. All of us text and IM so we all know the short cuts to writing. Know of yall are congress men and we are not writing a new amendment into law. So if you not trying to help me find another post to get off on cuz im trying to accomplish something here. And yes I have this post on tampa racing because Im trying to pick everyones brain and learn from the true teachers not the the haters, because there are alot of yall and thats sad to learn. So how is my english now. Remember if you are not trying to help keep it moving please.

DALAZ_68
07-08-2010, 11:50 AM

+1

Really..., really if you not trying to help me with my build keep your comments to your self. Because a try racer, mech, or tech would be willing to help steer a newbie in the right directions so that he is not wasting money in areas that isnt need like alot of you did during your first builds. A real man or woman should be proud to know that they taught someone the ropes and know that they have graduated from newbie to could be's and maybe later into a true racer. Just seeing around these sites alot of hating on anything someone is trying to do. These sites were created to share knowledge about our cars and experiences with trying to get them to achieve our power and performance goals. Not to sit here and make smart remarks about someone's english or abbreviations of words on a post. All of us text and IM so we all know the short cuts to writing. Know of yall are congress men and we are not writing a new amendment into law. So if you not trying to help me find another post to get off on cuz im trying to accomplish something here. And yes I have this post on tampa racing because Im trying to pick everyones brain and learn from the true teachers not the the haters, because there are alot of yall and thats sad to learn. Remember if you are not trying to help keep it moving please.

sentence structure, paragraphs and basic english...you need it...

you butcher the english language...Castro would even have a hard time reading your shit...

So how is my english now.

still fucken sucks...

projectRDM
07-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Really..., really if you not trying to help me with my build keep your comments to your self. Because a try racer, mech, or tech would be willing to help steer a newbie in the right directions so that he is not wasting money in areas that isnt need like alot of you did during your first builds. A real man or woman should be proud to know that they taught someone the ropes and know that they have graduated from newbie to could be's and maybe later into a true racer. Just seeing around these sites alot of hating on anything someone is trying to do. These sites were created to share knowledge about our cars and experiences with trying to get them to achieve our power and performance goals. Not to sit here and make smart remarks about someone's english or abbreviations of words on a post. All of us text and IM so we all know the short cuts to writing. Know of yall are congress men and we are not writing a new amendment into law. So if you not trying to help me find another post to get off on cuz im trying to accomplish something here. And yes I have this post on tampa racing because Im trying to pick everyones brain and learn from the true teachers not the the haters, because there are alot of yall and thats sad to learn. So how is my english now. Remember if you are not trying to help keep it moving please.

Still can't read any of that gibberish.

Here's how I look at posts like yours though, if you're not intelligent enough to use proper grammar, sentence structure, and be able to spell and punctuate, you prove to me you're not intelligent enough to own and operate a car. Is that really fair? Probably not, but I don't waste my efforts on people who clearly should never have been allowed to graduate kindergarten.

Furthermore, no one is impressed that you can take a picture of a car that's much faster and more expensive than yours, or even any of ours. I can drive to a Porsche dealership too, doesn't make me any cooler than anyone else.

Wake
07-16-2010, 01:37 AM
Im black and I didnt even understand half that shit.

actiew
07-17-2010, 07:11 AM
WOW, really... Is this what this site has become. A bunch of post gangsters trying to sound funny and get post numbers added to their stats..??? Really Really also stop all the hatred cuz that GT2 is my girl's dad ride in Germany I drove around when I went to visit them recently. Jealousy gets you no more. Im amazed that this site is actually filled with a bunch of PHD's graduates, college professors and students writing their english thesis papers cause it seems to have touched a nerve on a bunch of yall since I used a few slang words and abbr a few words WOW. Didnt know I was getting graded on my post english. Just remember, just because you may have builded a few cars and did a few swaps and may have been able to post a few words in a post dont make you important at all. You stilling living a lie cuz the majority of you wouldnt have the nerve to run your mouths' like that in person. Not saying Im challenging everyone on here to go blow for blow, but stop trying to be internet thugs and funny men even if your black... who cares. My english and grammer is fine, so I dont know what to tell you. If your seeing the glass half full then stop cause your damn glass is empty if them replies were the best you had. Thanks for nothing honestly its appreciated cuz any build tech advise from yall probably would have been hazardes to my cars health...

shiftdrift
07-17-2010, 08:50 AM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o286/VespertineIconoclast/obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg