PDA

View Full Version : neo rb25 bogs then dies. im about to shoot myself

thrasher324
06-26-2010, 07:52 AM
ive been working on this car for so long im just at a point of giving up but not really. so i replaced my spark plugs because they werent getting sparks. so it starts but it bogs then dies in like 5 seconds. i checked fuel and when i turn the ignition i can hear the fuel pump run for a quick second. i checked the fuel lines and the weird thing is that the top line is stiff but the buttom is not where its connected all the way from the gas tank. heres the picture

http://i45.tinypic.com/2yxlv1k.jpg

anyways i really cant think of anything whats causing this. when i put the timing belt i had the cams and the oil pump gear lined up and lined up the lines on the belt when i put it on. wasn't off even by one tooth. (is it possible that timing can go off tho?)

i read some shit about putting the CAS in the right way or something but i have no idea what theyre talking about. i just looked at the exhaust cam where the spline is and i just turned my CAS a little bit to line it up and shazam it went all the way in with no force.

just the fact that im not feeling pressure on that one fuel line is my first concern right now. so im not even thinking about CAS or the timing.

the car havent ran in good 3 months and the gas is little bit over quater tank. you think i should fill it up with some new gas? i dont f*cking know.

please help me. im in fairfax virginia. im about to pay someone to get this shit running.

p.s. i was replacing my headgasket and now this

yabeet
06-26-2010, 09:27 AM
Your cas has to be lined up at TDC. I dont know if its the same as the SR CAS but dude Im suprised it even started up. Dont try anything else until you know your cas is lined up.

stunnaben
06-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Dude, your supposed to hook your return line up to the Fuel Pressure regulator. That's how they work. You need to swicth your fuel lines around from what you have in the picture there, Thats why it starts up then immediately bogs down. Did this on my KA so I felt like a dumbass once I figured it out.

thrasher324
06-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Your cas has to be lined up at TDC. I dont know if its the same as the SR CAS but dude Im suprised it even started up. Dont try anything else until you know your cas is lined up.

okay ill do that

Dude, your supposed to hook your return line up to the Fuel Pressure regulator. That's how they work. You need to swicth your fuel lines around from what you have in the picture there, Thats why it starts up then immediately bogs down. Did this on my KA so I felt like a dumbass once I figured it out.

i have no idea what your talking about lol. cuz they worked perfectly fine when the car was running. i never touched the lines when i was working on it

rage
06-26-2010, 05:35 PM

this is correct, your lines seem to be switched

thrasher324
06-26-2010, 06:40 PM
this is correct, your lines seem to be switched

do you think you can explain this a little bit easier? cuz theres like 2 of them that looks like fpr

stunnaben
06-27-2010, 12:16 AM
Seeing as how the one has the vac line going to it, just trust me here, switch your fuel lines and fire the car up. GUARANTEE it won't do what it is doing anymore. I had this exact problem on my KA like a year ago to this day when i pulled some shit apart, my friend even told me not to forget about the fuel lines. I forgot and when i fiddled with EVERYTHING else I asked him and he was like you forgot what I told you, didn't you.

The reason it is this way, the fuel pump charges the whole fuel line system and that keeps the pressure up. The fpr is after the injectors so when it gets to the set pressure it opens, like a wastegate on a turbocharged car. The vac line allows the pressure to adjust with the rising boost levels or vac levels. Like most aftermarkets are a 1:1 rise rate. So increase of 1 psi in vac or boost levels = 1 psi increase in fuel pressure levels.

Now does this make any better sense to you?

thrasher324
06-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Seeing as how the one has the vac line going to it, just trust me here, switch your fuel lines and fire the car up. GUARANTEE it won't do what it is doing anymore. I had this exact problem on my KA like a year ago to this day when i pulled some shit apart, my friend even told me not to forget about the fuel lines. I forgot and when i fiddled with EVERYTHING else I asked him and he was like you forgot what I told you, didn't you.

The reason it is this way, the fuel pump charges the whole fuel line system and that keeps the pressure up. The fpr is after the injectors so when it gets to the set pressure it opens, like a wastegate on a turbocharged car. The vac line allows the pressure to adjust with the rising boost levels or vac levels. Like most aftermarkets are a 1:1 rise rate. So increase of 1 psi in vac or boost levels = 1 psi increase in fuel pressure levels.

Now does this make any better sense to you?

so put the top line to the buttom and vise versa?

thrasher324
06-27-2010, 12:37 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/zuhyyw.jpg

okay i switched up the lines from buttom to top and vise versa and but the car didnt start when i did that

stunnaben
06-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Now this makes no sense. That is clearly the FPR on the top line there....

The return line goes on the FPR side.....

Do you have good spark going to the engine?

stunnaben
06-27-2010, 01:00 PM
That second picture is how the line should be hooked up though.

thrasher324
06-27-2010, 01:34 PM
okay. ill do that tmrw. im way too hung over. i need to chill out today

thrasher324
06-28-2010, 01:09 PM
bump. anyone? any ideas? RB experts comonnn baby

eh?
06-28-2010, 01:16 PM
You said it wasn't getting any spark, are the spark plugs firing now? Are there any ecu codes?

thrasher324
06-28-2010, 10:32 PM
You said it wasn't getting any spark, are the spark plugs firing now? Are there any ecu codes?

yeah it is. cuz the car starts for 3~5 seconds then it dies. im gonna see if its throwing out any codes when i get a chance to use one of those things. i just feel like im not getting any fuel to keep it going. maybe i have a huge vacuum leak cuz im not using the right intake manifold. im using the rubber one thats for s1 and s2. the neo one is so much diffrerent

240sxrb25
06-28-2010, 10:49 PM
if it runs, its getting fuel.
it it runs, its getting spark.
if it doesnt run for long, start checking OTHER factors.

how about maf? its easy to clean. i once experienced this and it was as stupid as a bad battery cable connection. just check the simple stuff before getting a huge headache over it.

thrasher324
07-01-2010, 03:35 PM
okay i found out why it kept dying. i remember i wasnt using the right intake collector gasket so i had a huge vacuum leak. so i took that out for temporary and this is the result

YouTube - rb25 first start problem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAHOjSPeHkk)

it doesnt idle right. what could it be? i never messed with the iavc or w/e its called. i hear a loud squeel and i know i didnt put the water belt on that tight and i dont know if i could of possibly tensioned the timing belt on tight. it was really hard to put on in the first place. then i just cranked the engine by hand maybe 4 times to get the tension right.

i also feel the car vibrating idk why.

thrasher324
07-02-2010, 05:58 PM
bump. anyone?