PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET wont spark.

DriftVader
06-25-2010, 07:52 PM
okay so ive just installed a s14 SR20det, well a few months ago. not just installed, cause its been months trying to get it to start.

heres my problems.

Engine Turns over from starter, belts moving, all that jazz. im getting fuel, cause i undid my fuel line going into the block and fuel was spewing out, so the pump is working. i take my spark plug out and attach it to my coil pack. i touch the metal part of the coil pack in cylinder one to the block to ground it ( not sure if that makes a difference) and i turn it over and no spark.

Ive check- the wiring to the igniter tot he ECU its good.
-wiring from igniter to coil packs, its good.
-igniter, bought a second one, cause didnt know if mine was broken, both dont work.
- ive tried 2 difference sets of coil packs. no spark.
- i bought new spark plugs, nothing.

im running out of ways to check to get my freakin car to spark over. so ive come to you guys for helps. please!! thanks!!!

ohh and heres a video of what my car sounds like trying to start!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiZm9d689E4

p.s. WTB a sr20 electrician for a day! :wavey:

killbillsnj
06-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Check the Cam Angle Sensor(CAS) and see if thats working that is the distributor looking things in the front of engine

the CAS controls spark and Fuel delivery ...i am curently working on a car with the same problem and were leaning toward the CAS

JDMRIDDAZ
06-26-2010, 05:46 AM
check coilpak harness for 12v and make sure grond to that same harness is grounded..
u can check ecu for codes..if it dont shoot codes its definatly wireing

DriftVader
06-26-2010, 08:50 AM
well i have 2 of everything pretty much, ive switched out the ECU and tried with both. no way r both my ECUs broken, when they were working perfect 6 months ago in japan. I did not klnow that the CAS was responsible for spark and fuel. I thought just timing for it. I have mine in but not bolted down 100%. If i get a gun and and time my CAS, think it should work then possibly? lol thanks guys

DriftVader
06-26-2010, 03:32 PM
YouTube - IMG_0211.MOV (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS2oCjUKQqM)

okay so i replaced the CAS and new spark plugs. this is where i am at now...

i can get tit fire up, it wont stay tho... any help is appreciated please!!