PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET High Flow Oil Pump

conrad_s13.5
06-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Did some searching,. cant see of any aftermarket support on this, I read somewhere that you could hack together a higher flow oil pump with some GTiR parts.

did see anything on here, but figured that someone ran into this or has more knowledge then me on this.

school me!

Prok0
06-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Dont believe there really are any aftermarket oil pumps for SR's unless you go to a full dry sump or something..

You could shim the stock pump though.

codyace
06-24-2010, 09:52 PM
What's your reasoning behind more oil pressure? Stock pumps provide a substantial amount, IIRC only the VE pumps produce more

Homer_Simpson
06-24-2010, 11:16 PM
There's a guy in Australia that stuck a GTiR front cover on to his RWD SR and made it work. He did some convoluted stuff to get everything done including messing with the oil pick up.

At the end he got it to work but one of the top bolt hole that is screwed into the head is not usable (if you put the two front cover side by side then you will see), as well as the pin for timing is at different place.

The S13 SR has the thinnest oil-pump gears and like Cody said, the GTiR has the thickest IIRC even thicker than the VE pump gears.

If I were to go with the GTiR path, I would just cut and weld the second bolt hole making it usable to prevent leaks.

codyace
06-25-2010, 09:20 AM
There's a guy in Australia that stuck a GTiR front cover on to his RWD SR and made it work. He did some convoluted stuff to get everything done including messing with the oil pick up.

At the end he got it to work but one of the top bolt hole that is screwed into the head is not usable (if you put the two front cover side by side then you will see), as well as the pin for timing is at different place.

The S13 SR has the thinnest oil-pump gears and like Cody said, the GTiR has the thickest IIRC even thicker than the VE pump gears.

If I were to go with the GTiR path, I would just cut and weld the second bolt hole making it usable to prevent leaks.

I did forget about the GTiR ones as well...but even still, it takes an extended amount of work to make it work, and to make it work on a street car may be a bit overkill IMO

fliprayzin240sx
06-25-2010, 06:43 PM
There are aftermarket options out there but they cost a buttload of loot. I know JUN was one of those companies, just not sure if they still are.

D.Adams
06-25-2010, 07:17 PM
this might be your best bet.

High Flowing Oil Pump for SR20DET - Hardtuned.net (http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=134584)

JUN Auto made one and it was $700 plus for it.

Homer_Simpson
06-25-2010, 08:48 PM
this might be your best bet.

High Flowing Oil Pump for SR20DET - Hardtuned.net (http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=134584)

JUN Auto made one and it was $700 plus for it.
That's the guy I was talking about.

rebornS14
06-25-2010, 11:30 PM
JWT has a rebuilt oil pump with more flow.

Homer_Simpson
06-25-2010, 11:48 PM
JWT has a rebuilt oil pump with more flow.

Are you sure that it is for the RWD SR?

The FWD SR guys mentioned that the high flow oil pump from JWT is basically a GTiR pump with all the parts necessary to be fitted on to the FWD SR.

codyace
06-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Are you sure that it is for the RWD SR?

The FWD SR guys mentioned that the high flow oil pump from JWT is basically a GTiR pump with all the parts necessary to be fitted on to the FWD SR.

The JWT one is for the FWD cars for sure. The DE pumps IIRC actually flow 'the least' of all the Nissan pumps, but by all means there are countless users on stock pumps without issue as well.

Again, a high flow oil pump (to me) is a bit overkill this side of a race car