PDA

View Full Version : S13 SR20DET Problem

SR-S14Slidin
06-23-2010, 04:07 AM
Okay so my SR just started doin this recently. Its a Black Top S13 SR Im running just boltons. Turbo Back, Cone Filter, and fmic with greddy type s. Heres the symptoms I cant get a grip on what it might be.

- Runs Slow. Still fast but Slower.
-My Intercooler Piping the hot pipe specifically is alot hotter then normal
-Low Idle and when it was idling low it had a lope and was spewing black smoke
-It dies when I come to a stop sometimes.
-Misfires sometimes under boost
-It does this regardless of night or day

If I think of anything else its doing Ill post it up.

s13coupe1988
06-23-2010, 04:11 AM
blown turbo? check you vacuum lines and make sure ic pipeing is bolted up

SR-S14Slidin
06-23-2010, 04:34 AM
Doubt its the turbo I just replaced it 2monthes ago after I blew my original turbo. I haven't checked vaccum though. I could check that next I just made sure everything was plugged in.

SR-S14Slidin
06-23-2010, 05:18 AM
Not really part of the problem I don't think. I noticed that my oil is starting to get low and is pretty black but Im sure its black cause its been awhile since I changed it like 3k-3.5k ago. Just another thing that I guess could be contributing. I checked my vaccum lines. I none seem cracked broken unplugged etc. I couldn't start my car and check my boost/vac gauge cause its a lil bit late for that. Maybe update what my vac is in a couple hours.

slidawayzsteve
06-23-2010, 08:14 AM
hmmm my friend had a problem like this and it was in fact his vacuum lines...like at a stop is the idle very low and kinda limping to stay alive? also id check you ic piping like s13coupe said

ayororo
06-25-2010, 12:43 AM
U have a bov an not tuned