PDA

View Full Version : Jacked at an Autox!

thelinja
07-20-2003, 07:39 PM
My friend and I attended an autocross this past Saturday which was really fun and all, it being my first event in close to two months. My friend who went just got an NA Z32 in June and loved it! So I'm happy for him, and he now wants to go to the next event on Aug. 9th. However, while at the trophy presentation, someone stole my lug wrench, along with my bro's digital camera. I would NEVER suspect anything like that to happen at an SCCA event. My car was not secluded either, being parked next to my friends 300ZX, and several other cars. The lug wrench was sitting with my street tires, jack, pump, fluids,tools,etc. which were all next to my car, and the camera was in my car. Everyone else around me had the same things placed next to their cars too. I just came back to find those two items missing. I'm 99% sure the culprit was not competing there. There was a community BBQ near the event, closer to where my car was parked, but a building still seperated my car from the BBQ. I wasn't about to go over there and start pointing fingers though, seeing how the part of town we were in wasn't exactly "friendly." It really ****es me that people are pathetic enough to do shi t like that. I had some really good pictures too.

AceInHole
07-20-2003, 09:04 PM
i'm sorry to hear that happened to you.... you can usually let your car just sit with the windows open and the keys in the ignition at autocross events (at least around here) and feel safe about it.

if it was someone not a part of the event, then it's really the club's fault. anyone entering the site has to sign a waiver.... if it was just someone walking onto the site, they should've been stopped... although, at the end of the day I guess rules like that break down.

hope you can somehow get your stuff back, anyways.

07-21-2003, 12:02 AM
dang that really sucks man. but yea, i've never had a problem with that. i usually leave my stuff all over the place. well around where my car would be parked, with the windows down and everything. it sucks that some idiot decided to do that and make you more suspicious or whatever of other autoxers. hope someone can help you get your stuff back tho.

sykikchimp
07-21-2003, 07:48 AM
This is one reason why I often contemplate getting a small, lockable enclosed tire trailer.. so when I'm on track, or at driver meetings, I can lock my chit up. I hear about this petty stuff all the time, and it always makes me nervous when I leave my stuff out..

Sorry this happened to you. That really sucks! :(

Rennen
07-21-2003, 12:01 PM
wow, that really sucks. I always leave all my stuff just sitting around outside my car at events. Plus the keys are in the car and its sometimes running. I was just always confident that every one else's stuff was nicer than mine. Luckily most of my events are far enough out of the way that most people there are either driving or there to watch someone drive.

Dousan_PG
07-21-2003, 12:03 PM
sorry to hear that
i lost a few tools but it was accidently picked up by a neighbor at the track. it was 10 bucks worth.

anyways, yeah i leave my keys and tools around, but lately due to the risign popularity i'm more cautious these days. usually got a friend or 2 keeping an eye out constantly.

:mad: people suck.