PDA

View Full Version : need help with a stock ka

dethbox
06-15-2010, 04:52 AM
hi guys im wondering if any of you could help me out. i have a 1990 240 with the stock sohc. the only upgrade to it is a 2.5 in exhaust with a stock muffler. right nw i am having problems passing smog. i have a CEL code 13 which is for the engine temp sensor circut and thats it. also when i touch the throttle it sputters and hesitates before it revs up. it also gives a puff of black smoke. also while out having fun in it tonight it started bogging and i wasnt able to get any power. if anyone could help me with any of this crap i would really appreciate it. thanks

fuco8210
06-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Well all i can say is start looking at the engine temp sensor related items; replace the sensor since its cheap and if you still have the problem then start testing the wiring. GL

dethbox
06-15-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm kinda a noob on these motors so where is the engine temp sensor located? Also I still can't figure out y it is bogging does anyone have any idea on that?

bones321
06-15-2010, 06:47 PM
hey mike, its Jimmy. im free tonight, and i think wes is too, if you want to bring it by. and i have spare parts from my extra single cam i have laying around, just give me a call