PDA

View Full Version : AEM ecu, no fuel no spark???

jackal264
06-15-2010, 02:05 AM
ok so my freind and i are soooo close to getting his car on the road, but we ran into a problem. everything electronically works. pump turn on all the sensors seem to be working but the aem ecu will not give us spark or fire the injectors. we have a base tune for his setup done by mr shadows and the aem software loads up and uploads the tune just fine. does anyone have any experience with aem's or an issues similar to this? maybe there is a specific setting that needs to be changed?

thanks in advance

MitchellBade
06-15-2010, 10:11 AM
I kind of have an issue similar to this. Once I put my AEM series 2 in and got it tuned it ran almost perfect. Then when we took it for a drive the boost just cuts out past 6psi. If I didn't want boost then it'd be alright, but I used to have 19psi so it sucks! The shop that car car is being stored at is ordering a new AEM to see if I just have a messed up one. I don't know what to think, if it's actually my AEM or just my tuner not knowing what he's doing.

jackal264
06-16-2010, 08:39 AM
I kind of have an issue similar to this. Once I put my AEM series 2 in and got it tuned it ran almost perfect. Then when we took it for a drive the boost just cuts out past 6psi. If I didn't want boost then it'd be alright, but I used to have 19psi so it sucks! The shop that car car is being stored at is ordering a new AEM to see if I just have a messed up one. I don't know what to think, if it's actually my AEM or just my tuner not knowing what he's doing.

how is this at all like the problem i described....

either way if someone ever searches the solution was to log sync tooth to find the drop off value which ended up being 23 instead of 24 which is what the ecu was set at from aem. once we changed that it fired right up.

MitchellBade
06-16-2010, 08:42 AM
I said similar. Both of our problems were related to AEM, you car wouldn't spark. My car won't spark past 6psi. Pretty similar just a later spark.