PDA

View Full Version : thin tire walls?

xs042lol
06-14-2010, 09:41 PM
besides flushness (fuck you hellaflush/fatlace!)

whats the good part about having thinner/low profile tire walls. Like stretched tires and what not.

fliprayzin240sx
06-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Absolutely no tire wall flex and usually cheaper tires...

!Zar!
06-15-2010, 01:00 PM
besides flushness (fuck you hellaflush/fatlace!)

whats the good part about having thinner/low profile tire walls. Like stretched tires and what not.

What's wrong with Hellaflush and Fatlace?

When you don't run tires that feel like jello, you get better predictability, and tire psi usually stays closer in range.

xs042lol
06-15-2010, 10:05 PM

When you don't run tires that feel like jello, you get better predictability, and tire psi usually stays closer in range.

i have nothing against them personally. i HATE fanboys though. it pisses me off, just one of those things that gets to me. every1 rolling around with hella/fatlace plate frames or stickers. its annoying

and aahh ok. ill look into that then, thnx guys

SupaDoopa
06-15-2010, 10:16 PM
It's more of a style for better fitment with a little better results. It's nothing GREATLY improved over appropriate tire sizes - just obvious less contact with the ground.

codyace
06-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Ultimatly speaking, if you're going to daily drive the car the difference is moot - run whatever is cheapest. If you're a grip guy, you're going to just deal with a beefy sidewall for more contact area. If you're a drift guy, you're going to deal with the slightly thinner sidewall, to help you break traction easier, due to less deflection. All depends on your style.

I mean, a 245 on an 8.5 may feel like jello, but it has more traction. Predictability could be used in the sense of 'oh i know when the tire is going to loose traction' from both extremes no? Certainly an issue of semantics if anything.

The same can be said about PSI. Once you learn the proper PSI to set them at cold, keeping them in spec isn't related to sidewall highet in the least. It's goign to take the stretch/bulge guys the same amount of time to determine the best PSI regardless.