PDA

View Full Version : Help taking apart panels for a paint job

Seanbonham
06-13-2010, 03:58 AM
Okay so i've tried searching, and it may just be that i don't even know enough to find the threads i'm looking for, in that i don't know some technical term that they would be tagged under, but i have been wanting to get my car painted a different color, because the current paint is just worn out, and i figured a great way to save expenses and cut the price down would be to do the prep work myself.

If there have been any DIY threads posted that explain how to basically strip the car down and get it ready to be painted, i.e. removal of door handles, weather strip, etc, etc., i would be really appreciative if you all could point me in the right direction, or even just some threads that would indirectly cover that knowledge.

Because usually a decent paint job here costs around 2.5k-3.5k, and i've gotten estiamtes that if i did all the prep work myself, they'd only charge me 1.5k. (i'm sure i could find even cheaper if i keep looking) It'd be nice to have an extra 1k to throw into something else.

Thanks,
Sean

VQMaxFan
06-13-2010, 09:15 AM
To take off the door handle take, get the door panel off first, then work your hand inside the door and there are 2 10mm nuts holding it on in there. Its pretty easy to get. I don't know about the window trim though.