PDA

View Full Version : KA24DE Cylinder 3 & 4 miss

datboibrad
06-10-2010, 09:59 AM
ive seen this covered a million times and each thread says the same thing its the injector blah blah. swapped one of them out for a new one and after the fact did the screw driver listening test and found all injectors to be firing. noid lighted all connectors and checked all wires against the chassis. everything is firing. i tried swapping injector placement around and it seemed to change the idle but not for the better. i replaced cyl 3 with a new injector and swapped cylinder 1 (know good one) with cyl 4 (assumed bad). now i get back firing out the intake.

need serious help as this is the only car i have to get to work =\

modulation
06-10-2010, 12:27 PM
ive seen this covered a million times and each thread says the same thing its the injector blah blah. swapped one of them out for a new one and after the fact did the screw driver listening test and found all injectors to be firing. noid lighted all connectors and checked all wires against the chassis. everything is firing. i tried swapping injector placement around and it seemed to change the idle but not for the better. i replaced cyl 3 with a new injector and swapped cylinder 1 (know good one) with cyl 4 (assumed bad). now i get back firing out the intake.

need serious help as this is the only car i have to get to work =\

1. When you swapped around injectors did you replace your o-rings or use vasoline? If not you might have torn the o-ring and be leaking fuel in the intake manifold which would cause misfires.

2. Have you checked your spark on those two cylinders? Pull the wire, use a extra spark plug and have it on top of your strut or someting and watch for spark as you try to start the car.

3. Try to start car with spark plug out of cylinder, do you see fuel spraying out of the top? (Don't do this for long, if stuff catches fire then its your fault.)

4. If you have fuel and spark, but it's still mis-firing in those cylinders only then I'd do a compression check, you might have a head-gasket leak.