PDA

View Full Version : Please HELP! Stolen Silver RX7 on Sunday 6/6/10 (Orange County)

besTint
06-09-2010, 04:12 PM
A buddy of mine met an interested buyer for his Rx7 when buyer opted to drive off with the car on sunday from a Target Parking Lot.

Heres what Happend:

Met the guy Saturday night - NO problem ..let me think about after test drive
text came in 3pm saying : can i see the car in day time so i can decide 100%
4pm sunday at target mall
many people around
w/ sec. camera around
test drove - no problem
negotiation - no problem
4:20pm front of target (many people and Sec camera)
in parking lot
he asked me "can i hear your engine one more time before i make my final decision)
standing next to him 24"
he starts up (24" front of me)
and took off from the parking lot

I just wanted to make sure you guys dont get scammed when this happens and make sure that who ever buys your car you get there ID and a Lic plate of the car they came in. Unless that was stolen too that wouldnt help you much.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/zerow1/IMAGE_053.jpg

Just a heads up…Keep an eye out for any/all of these parts, just in case they show up on Craigslist/Ebay or whatever…

1993 Mazda RX7 FD3S (http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/1772240844.html)

year: 1993
model : RX7 T/T Touring
color: silver
mileage : 101,700

Very clean Mazda RX7 FD3S w/ following mod:

Engine
1. New 99 spec motor w/ 600 miles driven (not even first oil change done) - will give other engine that you can use to rebuild in future
2. New hoses replaced
3. Duel factory oil cooler installed
4. koyo radiator installed
5. everything in engine parts there
6. Racing Beat exhaust system (NEW)
7. HKS downpipe
8. Factory cat (secondary) still installed - passed smog last time I bought this car from other owner
9. R1 sturt bar
10. ARC oil filter cap
11. Project mu reservoir cover

Interior
1. New center counsel
2. New shifter boot
3. ARC columnar polish shift knob
4. Worksbell quick release (NEW)
5. Personal black leather /red steering wheel (NEW)
6. Pioneer new navigation used for 2 weeks AVIC (NEW)
7. Clifford paging alarm installed (NEW)
8. rear trunk/seat divider (NEW)
9. rear factory BOSE stereo
10. tinted windows

Exterior
1. Apexi N1 coilover
2. Volk Racing CE28N Genesis 18x9.0 +35 5-114.3 and 18x10.5 +18 5-114.3 w/ Advan AD07 245/35/18 & 265/35/18
3. Rear fender pulled w/ repainted
4. factory spoiler installed
5. Shine carbon side skirts
6. Shine carbon diffuser w/ vortex Generator
7. R1 lip spoiler
8. New 99 spec tail light

more info:
http://blogs.importtuner.com/6656410/miscellaneous/please-help-stolen-1993-mazda-rx-7-fd3s/index.html

240sxfamily
06-09-2010, 04:23 PM
WTF! this happened to me with a turbo. but htis is worse!!

keistyle
06-09-2010, 04:33 PM
did he ride a bike there? or walk or something?

sickstatus
06-09-2010, 04:36 PM
omgosh.... at least u can get a description of his face, etc. im sorry for your lost. what cheap way to steal the car.

did you call the cops after it happened? they should of started looking right away.

should of held his licenses before letting him borrow the car. u give it back to him when hes done. but i guess u dont think of shit like that.

Om1kron
06-09-2010, 04:38 PM
HOLY FUCK!!!

Ok so this is the official story, shady ass buyer drove off with the car. Seems different on every website I go to. This is why NOBODY tests drives shit, you sit in the passenger seat, I'll drive it. Don't like it find another car.

Everyone is too fucking shady now.

chucky norris
06-09-2010, 04:38 PM
daaaaaaaaaaang wtf

DALAZ_68
06-09-2010, 04:41 PM
omgosh.... at least u can get a description of his face, etc. im sorry for your lost. what cheap way to steal the car.

did you call the cops after it happened? they should of started looking right away.

should of held his licenses before letting him borrow the car. u give it back to him when hes done. but i guess u dont think of shit like that.

Fuck That, i hold on to ur keys, wallet, ID, pink for ur ride...ive done it b4, will do it again...

HOLY FUCK!!!

Ok so this is the official story, shady ass buyer drove off with the car. Seems different on every website I go to. This is why NOBODY tests drives shit, you sit in the passenger seat, I'll drive it. Don't like it find another car.

Everyone is too fucking shady now.

indeed...
seriously hope you find it b4 its chopped...

keistyle
06-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Contact the police to try to trace the origin of the number that he contacted you with?

lawrenceyang
06-09-2010, 04:48 PM
son of a bitch fucking thieves man

HyperTek
06-09-2010, 05:03 PM
crazy, give us a description of the guy

sw20>>s14
06-09-2010, 05:32 PM
dont you have a sufficient amount of info on him if you guys were in contact on multiple occasions using multiple mediums (email and phone number)? anyway, good luck finding the d-bag...GET THAT THING BACK

driftsilvias13
06-09-2010, 05:55 PM
WOW that has to be the most ridiculous way to steal a car.

What does this guy look like? Name? I'll keep an eye out!

Slammed Assassin
06-09-2010, 05:56 PM
daamn. hope you get it back.

aziankingz
06-09-2010, 06:05 PM
wow people actually let a total stranger test drive a car alone with a 15k car? i wouldnt even do that with my 2k 240 lol.. hope this fucker is found and assraped..

Om1kron
06-09-2010, 06:05 PM
WOW that has to be the most ridiculous way to steal a car.

What does this guy look like? Name? I'll keep an eye out!

This dude from NWP4LIFE got tazed by a potential buyer and they tried to steal his car, but apparently dude is superhuman. lol

lou's40sx
06-09-2010, 06:08 PM
What car did the guy drive to meet you up???

Should take down his License plate, and hold his Drivers license or something.

aziankingz
06-09-2010, 06:10 PM
oh forgot..cant you get some fingerprints or dna or some shit off the car he came with?

lou's40sx
06-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Just use the Phone number the guy called you with. You can surely find a lot of info with that.

HyperTek
06-09-2010, 06:19 PM
hmm asking to hold their drivers license aint a bad idea next time, they should have it on them, and the idea that you wouldnt drive a car without one.i know i wouldnt take offense to it.

RiversideS13
06-09-2010, 06:24 PM
OMG that is horrible!

what about post up more info about the asshole or contact info, maybe someone would come up with some lead?

lou's40sx
06-09-2010, 06:28 PM
^^Yep, that would actually solve more problems then you would think.

By holding his Drivers license, you for one, know he has one. Two, You have leverage if he books it. So anyone reading this thread, make sure you're in the car while a potential buyer takes a test drive, and ask to see or hold the drivers licenses before he can get in the car. Always bring a pen and paper, Jot down his name and address and DL # return it right back to him/her. Write down his car's plate.

It's great to have a buddy or girl friend with you when buying and selling things in the real world, they can give you extra eyes and "WITNESS" if that comes to be.

And finally, just use PREJUDICE, make a mental assumption that this buyer is serious or up to no good. I've sold many cars before and I can spot a serious buyer or b.s.'ers.

cc4usmc
06-09-2010, 06:29 PM
http://zilvia.net/f/stolen-goods/

Be suspicious of everyone these days.

besTint
06-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Im posting this for a personal friend.

All i was told that he was very american/hispanic descent. he wasnt offered a test drive but asked to hear the exhaust note before making his final descision. he was there without a car that we know of. his cell phone # was given to law enforcement.

he sat in the car to listen to the exhaust and just took off.

boobs13
06-09-2010, 06:35 PM
This sucks I'll keep my eyes open in the IE.

S14DB
06-09-2010, 06:44 PM
http://zilvia.net/f/stolen-goods/

Be suspicious of everyone these days.

Moved .

mau5trap
06-10-2010, 01:00 AM
nvm my post and negativity.

sickstatus
06-10-2010, 01:05 AM
the number/emails can b traced to the guy who stole it. so y the heck would he do it.

mau5trap
06-10-2010, 01:12 AM
hope they find the foo slippin.

nieko
06-10-2010, 02:11 AM
cops are lame when it comes to this shit....

nothing ever happens.

ugh

creyes13491
06-10-2010, 03:13 AM
just use his number and track it. theres a website that can trace addresses by just putting the cell and home phone number.

besTint
06-10-2010, 08:50 AM
he could afford all those nice ass parts but no lojack.

and I would never let the buyer of my car drive in it alone. what if he crashes and gets injured. The Seller of that car fucked up big time.

you should never sale a nice as car like that alone too. he should of had some people with him. you drive a nice ass car like that people are gonna try to jack you. play your shit smart.

are you fucking retarded or just dumb as shit?

S13coupeRB25DET
06-10-2010, 09:12 AM
That is some crazy shit. Good luck getting the car back bro.

4-20sx
06-10-2010, 09:14 AM
sorry dude damn thats a nice car. sorry for the loss =(

niteridaz503
06-10-2010, 09:56 AM
damn hope you guys find the car, try and post as much info as you can on here that would help too.

besTint
06-10-2010, 11:29 AM
damn hope you guys find the car, try and post as much info as you can on here that would help too.

more info and pics.

PLEASE HELP: Stolen 1993 Mazda RX-7 FD3S | Miscellaneous Blog at Import Tuner Magazine (http://blogs.importtuner.com/6656410/miscellaneous/please-help-stolen-1993-mazda-rx-7-fd3s/index.html)

hOngsterr
06-10-2010, 11:37 AM
saw this one the 350z forums, hopefully he gets it back!

and make sure your friend does this

http://zilvia.net/f/stolen-goods/317258-toms-c7-stolen-found-them-today.html

DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY
06-10-2010, 11:59 AM
just use his number and track it. theres a website that can trace addresses by just putting the cell and home phone number.

It was a prepaid phone. And for the email, it was probably done at a pc cafe which gets harder to trace but not impossible.

koukikat180sx
06-10-2010, 12:41 PM
i heard about this the other day... i couldn't believe what happened to steve. that sucks. :( hope he finds whoever did it, and gets his car back. it sucks when bad things happen to good people.

i hate thieves!!!!!

SDS13COUPE
06-11-2010, 09:46 AM
This story sucks hard. I'll keep an eye out in San Diego.

don_bagz
06-11-2010, 09:56 PM
dang.. where is the license plate on it? and no number to contact you.. my friend a fellow member just called me to look up your info maybe we could contact you... if what he saw was your car, dang.. that would be a bummer, coz there was no way to contact you...

im sure he will chime in.. he will describe what he saw

95_S14
06-11-2010, 11:21 PM
dang.. where is the license plate on it? and no number to contact you.. my friend a fellow member just called me to look up your info maybe we could contact you... if what he saw was your car, dang.. that would be a bummer, coz there was no way to contact you...

im sure he will chime in.. he will describe what he saw

Thanks don ok well I was the one that called don to get the plate so I was pulling into walmart off state st and the 210 and off in the far corner I see a silver fd with the hazards on I drove over to the area there was a guy in the car leaning partway out he was a Hispanic guy with what looked to be like a puffy hair the car had three silver rx7 wheels and a polished rx7 wheel I parked and called don to get me a plate and when I went back to look he was gone so I was the guy with don when we found the red civic hatch and tryed to get the plates ran and it was the stolen civic . People need to leave the plate number and a phone number so if we do see it or think we did we can call so I hope it's found soon and complete we all need to keep a eye out on one anothers shit well that's my info on what I saw hope you fine it

mau5trap
06-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Please HELP! Stolen Silver RX7 on Sunday (Mackin Industries)) - RX7Club.com (http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?p=10046134#post10046134)

beb
06-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Thats not the owners SN. Tony is a friend of ours, the owners name is Steve.

If you have ANY info , please red flag an email to [email protected]

At this point, he understands it is not likely to find this car but any help is always appreciated. If nothing at all, he would at least like to spread the word so people realize what kinds of shitty things can happen and to just be careful.

Thanks guys...

kornaz
06-12-2010, 02:48 AM
Bad mistake. But i hope the f*cker will get caught and taken care of the right way (no PD involved ;)).

Also, most likely what the other guy said it was a prepaid phone (no way to trace, only thing would be his face on camera in the store, IF the store had any), and an email from an Internet cafe (new bogus email created). Cops won't do any good. To hire someone or try the detectives to get involved probably will cost more than the car.

besTint
06-12-2010, 11:45 AM
nevermind. edited.

Aspentrwrx
06-12-2010, 08:19 PM
I hope this guy gets caught but im sorry but why would you not chase the guy when he drove off?

singlecamslam
06-12-2010, 10:03 PM
He's not the damn flash, he's driving a car not a scooter. And what is he supposed to chase him in when his car got stolen? You can only run so much unless you're ussain bolt.

I hope you catch the guy, dont turn him in, take him into international water and slap the shit out of him.

RPS13fan
06-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Wow this is crazy. this makes me realize that strangers cannot be trusted, no matter how they look. I'd never let someone test drive my car without cash in my hand and me being in the passengers seat.

Hope you find your car.

Unknown007
06-18-2010, 05:52 PM
You just stood there?FACEPALM I would've ran after him.GL finiding it and it kinda sucks it all happened in your face bro.Not gonna say you asked for it but you didn't do nothing when he took off.Will keep an eye out on parts.

Oh yeah always hold their license if they go for a test drive and don't give it back until you get the keys back.

S14DB
06-18-2010, 06:02 PM
You just stood there?FACEPALM I would've ran after him.GL finiding it and it kinda sucks it all happened in your face bro.Not gonna say you asked for it but you didn't do nothing when he took off.Will keep an eye out on parts.

Oh yeah always hold their license if they go for a test drive and don't give it back until you get the keys back.

Who are you, Usain Bolt?

Running after a car like a stray dog is dumb and will probably get you run over like one.

Unknown007
06-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Who are you, Usain Bolt?

Running after a car like a stray dog is dumb and will probably get you run over like one.

Prefer doing that then seeing my car go bye bye.Shit I'm a crazy person when it comes to taking my car from me right in front of my face.Sorry but OP hope you find it.

singlecamslam
06-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Updates? Hope you find it.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
06-22-2010, 04:57 PM
I hate to say It but your friend got punked pretty hard. That's why anyone who comes to buy my car be prepared to be surrounded by 10+ heads. I don't let anyone test drive any of my car. I'll take them for a ride In the car but that's It. This shit sucks man!

That cat woulda been caught and beat down to the ground with no mercy. fuck that! I hope u find It!