PDA

View Full Version : car can't start?

dvdevo
07-17-2003, 09:58 PM
i recently got a tuneup after i bought the car, and the guy changed the cat converter. but the first time i tried they had it working, then i tried starting it up and it didnt work. So i left it there. The next day in the morn they said it worked (without changing anything) now after 2 days of driving the car, it doesnt work anymore. it wasnt like this when we bought it. Can the cat converter prevent the car from starting up? this is a 89 hatch with 114k miles. thanks.

memphiss13
07-17-2003, 10:00 PM
on my car there was a ground on one of the bolts on the cat. see if that is still there or not. it will be hanging around the driver side near the back of the cat. may not be what it is, but its worth a look.

also check your starter wires.

dvdevo
07-17-2003, 10:03 PM
maybe its the battery? ..yeah i wouldnt know where the cat converter is..i dont know anything about cars.. we're gonna try the jumper.. from another car. IF it isnt the battery, then would anything happne if i try to jump a car with a battery that works.?

Muzzy
07-17-2003, 11:31 PM
u have a ground on your cat???

wut year is yours??

dvdevo
07-17-2003, 11:56 PM
its a 89..whats a ground, oh well i'm gonna tow it to the mechanic tomorrow..those bastards.. i wish i knew how to fix it . but anyways, i'd like to know for the future use..