PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump weird noise - s13 sr20

ochocinco666
06-07-2010, 09:36 PM
I tried to start my car today and it wasnt starting. The fuel pressure gauge mounted after the fuel filter and before the fuel rail reads zero. When i put the key in the on position the fuel pump isnt priming. The fuel pump is making a moaning noise. Since i ran my car last, I installed a new fuel rail and hardwire the injectors. If I were to have made a mistake doing that it could prevent the motor from getting fuel, but the pump should still prime as should the gauge read pressure.

The one wire going to the fuel pump still reads 12.0 volts on the multimeter with the key in on, while it doesnt pump.

Any idea what could be wrong?

souls_hb
06-08-2010, 12:23 AM
I tried to start my car today and it wasnt starting. The fuel pressure gauge mounted after the fuel filter and before the fuel rail reads zero. When i put the key in the on position the fuel pump isnt priming. The fuel pump is making a moaning noise. Since i ran my car last, I installed a new fuel rail and hardwire the injectors. If I were to have made a mistake doing that it could prevent the motor from getting fuel, but the pump should still prime as should the gauge read pressure.

The one wire going to the fuel pump still reads 12.0 volts on the multimeter with the key in on, while it doesnt pump.

Any idea what could be wrong?

damn u got a hell of a problem on you. di only thing i could tell cuz it just happened to me, i was checking out my wiring so i deloomed it all chasing wires and theres is a small harness behind the ecu that uses a small latch to secure. i didnt press it all the way so my fuel pump stopped working. it was a pain to find the problem but i scratched it off my list. maybe u might have overlooked some wiring!!!

ochocinco666
06-08-2010, 07:47 AM
I didnt touch my wiring, i didnt do anything with the ecu or the fuel pump. the fuse is good, could the fuel pump just be broken?

tercel drifter
06-10-2010, 02:37 AM
Fuel pumps go out without any warning. Best thing to do is buy a wawbro 255 and install it. worse comes to worse is you've spent 100$ on a mod you'll probably end up doing anyway.

Actually get a friend to go under the car with a rubber mallet and hit the gas tank repetively while you crank the engine if it starts for sure its a fuel pump.

J_Rad
06-13-2010, 11:45 AM
When you crank it it wants to start right? I was pulling into a parking lot on thursday and my car just stopped running. After trying everything I possibly could try to get it to start with some channel locks, a 12mm socket and some zipties, it ended up having to be towed back to my house. What have you tried so far, and what were the results?

rebornS14
06-16-2010, 11:49 PM
yea my fuel pump MOANS too. what is that. i dont have any problems but i noticed when i put the key in accessory, i can hear stuff running down the hardlines below the passeger side and moaning. thought that was weird. does that mean im gonna have a fuel pump problem like this guy?