PDA

View Full Version : S14 Zenki SR - S14 zenki chassis wiring question

Fibercus
07-16-2003, 03:39 AM
Should I need to tap one of the existing wires for +12v power supply on the F4 - M63 (Sr / ka underdash) Harnesses? specifically for the IACV-AAC and FICD

After I finished wiring it up, I went thru every sensor under the hood (associated with sr) and ran the testwith voltmeter using the FSM to tested them for power / function. Besides lengthening of the few wires, is this all that is needed to run the motor fine? I havent started the AC wiring nor have I attached power steering yet. First wiring project, and just wanted to hear what others thought, and if Im coming close to completion.

EDIT: going without AC for now

aeontony
07-16-2003, 11:06 AM
Hi Fibercus,

The car should start without those two I believe..but I went through the idle valves with a voltimeter too, and tested them according to the FSM. I hooked them up according to how I thought they should be hooked up, but they weren't getting power. I then just hooked it up to a 12V source in one of the remaining ununsed wires. The car did start but because the timing was off we destroyed the pistons/got no compression. Pretty scary..

Fibercus
07-16-2003, 12:07 PM
Whoa your scaring me. I got the car to idle pretty good, and I set the timing Via the FSM. I just wasnt sure if other were using other sources for 12v in the M63 harness. I already set the timing per the FSM also, am I lucky or is it normal for the SR to purr like a kitten right after its wired up?

hehe