PDA

View Full Version : Auto-X July 20th in New Orleans

MovinUp-1
07-15-2003, 10:23 AM
Delta Region SCCA regional event #4 is this weekend at the Naval Air Station in Belle Chasse. You must pre-register for the event in order to be allowed on the base but you don't pay until you show up, so if you can't make it at the last minute it's no big deal. You must pre-register by wednesday night. We always have big fast courses that are fun and challenging. I hope some of you locals or sorta close by would like to come down to an event (Lance S13, others?) We have several 240s competing locally besides myself so there will be plenty of competition.

Attached is the link to the july schedule. We also have two events in August if you'd like to check them out.

July Delta events (http://www.delta-scca.org/sched03_jul03.htm)

LanceS13
07-15-2003, 11:10 AM
Aw man...if it were any other weekend than this I'd probably be looking for a hotel room right now. But I've run 4 autocrosses in 5 weekends...so I'm behind on other weekend stuff. Besides, the plastic boss for my top radiator hose sheered off at the last autocross, so I gotta get that fixed before I can go play again.
We had a night event this past Saturday in Jackson, but I didn't think to post it here. It was pretty cool, but I was having a horrible day, in part due to the aformentioned radiator problem, and ended up finishing 6th in Open Tire Pax.
I'll get down there one of these days.

MovinUp-1
07-15-2003, 02:08 PM
no problem. check the calendar of upcoming events. i believe we have 3 or 4 events over the next two months. Maybe you can make one of those. we have a big grand finale event at the end of september that is our charity event for the base personnel. all proceeds go to the navy/marine elisted personnel relief fund. it's a big event with sponsorship and some really nice trophies and door prizes.

LanceS13
07-15-2003, 02:28 PM
Cool...I'll keep my eye on the website.
We have the Tri-State series in Sept., Oct., and Nov. (Tri-State = MidSouth (TN), MS, and AR...three 2-day events) Even though, you're not in "our" Tri-State area, you could still come up, of course. I'll try to post the schedule in a separate thread when I know it, so maybe you and some other people in the general vicinity can participate.