PDA

View Full Version : AFCneo Wiring problem

Kassroth
05-29-2010, 12:13 AM
I am working on a KA-T project ('97 S14) and at the point were I am installing an AFCneo. I have the JGS starter kit (T3/T04) along with Z32 MAF, walboro pump and SR injectors.

I have the AFCneo all wired in as correctly as I can tell and by following the guide:

[URL="http://zilvia.net/f/archive-faqs/155917-how-install-safc-ii-into-s14.html"/URL]

The problem is I don't get a spark when trying to start the vehicle. If I disconnect the yellow and white wires of the AFCneo harness and put the MAF sensing line back into the ECU, then I get spark and can start my car, but then it gets too lean and I shut it down quickly.

I am not the original owner of the car and noticed something quite strange when I took a closer look at the MAF sensing line (pin #47) it is spliced off of the engine coolant temperature wire (pin #51) about 6 inches away from the ECU. So to explain a bit better, there is no independant line for the MAF sensor, it just splits off of the coolant sensor line and goes into the ECU. Does this seem right at all?

The car ran perfectly well when it was stock, I should mention however, that it was originally an automatic and was changed over to a standard before I got ahold of it.

Would I be correct in thinking I should just run a new wire directly from my MAF plug back into the cabin and connect it to the AFCneo?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If something isn't quite clear please let me know and I will try to explain it better. I don't post very often because most of the questions I have already have answers posted :)