PDA

View Full Version : Car will not RESTART after replacing injector

mrpeepers
05-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Hey guys just like the title says, i replaced an injector that was clogged, turned the car on and misfiring sound was not there. I then shut the car off to restart it then the car does not start!

All connections were rechecked and so were the screws, i also smell unburned gasoline coming from the exhaust when i turn the key so i know the injector are at least firing. And i also replaced all ingition wires, caps, and rotor

modulation
05-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Hey guys just like the title says, i replaced an injector that was clogged, turned the car on and misfiring sound was not there. I then shut the car off to restart it then the car does not start!

All connections were rechecked and so were the screws, i also smell unburned gasoline coming from the exhaust when i turn the key so i know the injector are at least firing. And i also replaced all ingition wires, caps, and rotor

A o-ring on a injector probably got ripped and fuel is leaking in your intake manifold so your probably flooded.
Pull the injector harnesses and try and start the car that way. It'll probably start and die. Then plug the harnesses back in and try to start again, with your foot on the throttle a little.

But you'll have to replace those o-rings. Use vasoline to put your new o-rings in.

I just went though all this like 3 weeks ago.

spools420a
05-28-2010, 05:48 PM
But you'll have to replace those o-rings. Use vasoline to put your new o-rings in.

.I just so happen to have a cosco size mayonnaise jar full of vasoline under my bed if anyone needs some