PDA

View Full Version : Going to re-valve Tein SS coilovers for track use, any recommendations?

aberabee
05-24-2010, 01:06 PM
hey zilvia,
getting my Tein SS coilovers re-built this week. S14 N/A with bolt-on suspension mods, S15 diff, exhaust, etc.
was wondering if anyone has any advice on possibly getting them re-valved as well, its only $100 more total for custom valving.
I will be using them for mostly spirited street driving and once a month track use. (autox/HPDEs)

Any adivce/experiences would be helpful.
Thanks!

jewbaca
07-09-2010, 10:09 PM
x2 bump ;)

Om1kron
07-10-2010, 02:29 AM
If you were having your shocks re-valved I would assume you have tons of track time on them and you should already know what you need out of your suspension to suit your driving preferences.

It's not something another person can formulate, what works for someone else may not work for you, and it's obviously not something you can make a post like this and get an easy answer for.

Sounds like you just read some shit on the internet, thought it sounds cool and you want to say you had it done just to say it.

You want a performance suspension, start off by ditching the jdm bullshit.

codyace
07-10-2010, 07:56 AM
You want a performance suspension, start off by ditching the jdm bullshit.

'Purty Much'

For the most part, I wouldn't bother with opening up the SS series unless they are blown/shot. Leave them be.

Def
07-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Who is doing the revalve? They should be able to suggest valving characteristics based on things like motion ratio, sprung and unsprung weights, spring rates/ride frequencies, and usual track surfaces.

That said, for $100 I wouldn't expect much...

I'd also want dyno sheets of the shocks.

racepar1
07-10-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm assuming that TEIN usa is going to do the re-build... You should be asking them for reccomendations on vlaving and spring rates. I mean they are THEIR shocks... I'm sure they could make them a little better at the least.

codyace
07-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Who is doing the revalve? They should be able to suggest valving characteristics based on things like motion ratio, sprung and unsprung weights, spring rates/ride frequencies, and usual track surfaces.

That said, for $100 I wouldn't expect much...

I'd also want dyno sheets of the shocks.

I think you just sent him into shock

oooooooooooh