PDA

View Full Version : SR grinding, please watch and listen and help me find out wtf the problem is!

firefighter573
05-19-2010, 02:37 PM
VID00007-20100516-1923.flv video by firefighter573 - Photobucket (http://s923.photobucket.com/albums/ad80/firefighter573/?action=view&current=VID00007-20100516-1923.flv)

I pulled off the valve cover and checked the cams for scoring, no major scoring found other than normal wear and tear.

I also pulled off the intake elbow to the turbo and checked for shaft play, little to no shaft play was found, I can move it in and out just a LITTLE and I can move it up and down and side to side just a LITTLE.

please help! :confused:

firefighter573
11-29-2010, 12:05 AM
PROBLEM FOUND

sorry it took so long to post back up, i forgot about this thread lol but anyways

this noise is from the TRANSMISSION.

I drained the transmission fluid only to find platinum colored gear oil, chunks of metal and ballbearings. all of the large metal chunks remained in the bellhousing, which saved all of my gears and syncros

The mainshaft bearing disintegrated, thus leaving the mainshaft to shutter freely at high rpms.

the Front cover plate inside the bellhousing was very scored where the mainshaft slides through.

FIX....KA Transmission $75, Swap the KA bellhousing with the SR bellhousing, Install. and done son!:2f2f: