PDA

View Full Version : Z32 brake upgrade, wheels, and shock issues

FoCaL
07-11-2003, 09:10 AM
Ok guys heres the deal. Im planning a 5 lug conversion and Z32 brake upgrade. I have a few questions regarding some issues Im having. I ll start by letting you all know what I had in mind.
Front:
S14 5 lug front hub
S14 4 or 5 lug spindle
S14 shock
S13 springs
S14 ball joint
Z32 Calipers
Z32 rotors
Z32 wheels
Rear:
Z32 hub
Z32 spindle
Z32 calipers
Z32 rotors
Z32 shock
S13 springs
Z32 wheels

S13 complete energy suspension bushing set

Now onto my questions:
a) Will a 16x8.5 wheel with 245 45 16 tires fit on the front and rear of my S13 with this convertion done? Looking at getting 4 Z32TT wheels for the car.
b) Should I get an S13 shock and modify it to fit on the front or should I get the S14 shock that will mount and be done with it?
c) Again should I get an S13 shock and modify it to fit on the rear with the Z32 spindles, or just get a Z32 shock and be done with it?

Heres are my thoughts, I agree the shocks are for different cars, but I will be using S13 springs. The spring is what hold the car up, and the shock just controls the springs compression and rebound. So whether its a Z32 shock or and S13 shock its doing the same thing. Just the Z32 shock is for a heavier car with a heavier spring, so I may get a little more of a harsh ride from them. However, I plan on getting an adjustable shock so that may help things out. Anyway let me know what you guys think.

Regards