PDA

View Full Version : s14 wont start

240sx1234
05-15-2010, 03:54 PM
my 240 wont start,dont know what it is,if anybody around the bham area can help,that would be awesome,there will be a reward maybe lunch or cash if someone can help me get it running,when i turn the key radio/air comes on,lights work,its a couple month old battery,put a new starter and ignition switch in about a month and a half ago,unplugged the clutch switch tried but nothing,went to work yesterday then it just didnt crank.I was going to roll start it but after i moved it a little bit i tried to start it and it cranked.Went to a friends house and tried to start again and didnt work,tried doing what i did before but didnt work this time,roll started and now its sitting in my driveway,any tips would be greatly appreciated,i bought some kind of fuse when my ignition switch was bad because i though that might be the problem but it was the switch,it may be fuse but i dont know where it goes and havent looked yet.Im sorry for the incomplete thoughts just trying to get this posted

also tried to get jump start it and that didnt work,the part i ordered that i havent hooked up is the relay,i guess for the igniton lol,oh and sorry for all the people who read this post and want to criticize,i dont care what you have to say unless its helpful

if someone could tell me where the relay goes that would be great as well

i dont know why there is a image thing here
http://alabamaracingscene.net/forum/images/bgold/misc/progress.gif

mxexux
05-15-2010, 04:13 PM
When you pull the clutch switch stick a paper clip in both of the pins on the harness side and try starting it. The car won't start if this switch isn't closed. If it does start this way then you need to replace the clutch switch.

240sx1234
05-15-2010, 04:18 PM
im not sure i pulled the clutch switch,but what does it look like?i pulled a blue tab out of a black looking box that is pretty small,and where am i suppose to stick a paper clip?

R_G
05-18-2010, 02:31 AM
Wiggle your key when your turning the key to the on position. Try to turn it kinda hard and wiggle it. It could be your ignition switch.

240sxftww
05-18-2010, 03:26 AM
uhm, do you hear clicks?

check your battery, grounding, or alternator.

!Zar!
05-18-2010, 12:27 PM
If it is an s14, check the Clutch interlock Relay (ASCD).

afiser
05-18-2010, 01:12 PM
check the little red power distribution block on the positive battery terminal, mine was all burnt to fuck and was the culprit when my car refused to start.

VNG704
05-18-2010, 01:24 PM
im not sure i pulled the clutch switch,but what does it look like?i pulled a blue tab out of a black looking box that is pretty small,and where am i suppose to stick a paper clip?

If it is an s14, check the Clutch interlock Relay (ASCD).Your symptons are similar to what a bad clutch interlock relay would give. You can jump the clutch interlock relay(paper clip trick, for detials, search it) or swap with a different working relay that looks the same. Atleast until you get another relay. The clutch interlock relay is in the relay/fuse box located in the engine bay. On the lid of that box should tell you which one is the clutch relay. You can also test the relay itself, to see if it is bad or not. Agian, do a search on "how to test a relay."