PDA

View Full Version : 1995 240SX not starting/cranking

pancakes562
05-12-2010, 09:59 PM
I went into my garage to start my car today interior lights and everything come on, no problems, and I go to start. I get NOTHING... My clock light comes on, then when i roll over to crank it it goes out (this might be normal though, never payed attention.) I checked my headlights (they turned on fine) and nope didn't leave em on. Everything else electrically seems to be working fine. I tried popping the clutch, letting it set, fiddling with the pedal, starting in neutral, different gears, everything.. nothing would get this thing to crank, turn over or make ANY SOUND from the starter or anything. The clutch didnt seem too rough on the way or anything, no problems with grinding or popping or anything.

so i would just a click when i try to start the car. everything seems to be good, including the battery, starter and i checked all ignition relays, and all that good stuff.

heres a video of what im going through:
YouTube - S14 Not Starting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjmis_RkWMA)

any help would be appreciated

a7olyte
05-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Did you check the battery with a multi-meter? Most likely the battery is just low.

MrChow
05-13-2010, 01:54 AM
I'd have to agree. Sound like your battery is just low.

importdude
05-13-2010, 02:59 AM
if it was low dash lights dim/flash?iirc

check your clutch interlock switch

VQMaxFan
05-13-2010, 03:05 AM
Since you said the starter isnt making any noise. check to see if your starter solenoid is getting voltage via the small wire when the key is turned.

If no voltage is found check the clutch cut relay and the clutch switch. (also you can just jump 2 of the pins on the relay to bypass the relay and the switch)

If you do get voltage going to the starter when you hit the key its most likely the starter.

pancakes562
05-13-2010, 10:14 PM
well it turns out i had bad clutch switch (the little button behind the clutch) and i had to get it replaced. so i went to the junk yard and got one. my friend said it was going bad or something. i can leave it off sometimes as a killswitch but i guess it just got worse and caught up with me

thanks to everyone who replied to my post! :):)

iambape
05-14-2010, 10:56 PM
when my sr had this problem

i direct connect it to my starter.