PDA

View Full Version : clicking noise

StreetConcept
07-09-2003, 01:34 PM
Hey everyone i have a clicking noise comming from my water pump area.. any suggestions? could it be a bad bearing could something be loose and just needs tightening? it clicks at idle... when im gunning it it doesnt click but at a certain rpm it makes wierd noises like a scratching noise. any help would be useful:confused:

kickertu
07-09-2003, 02:25 PM
Timing tensioner.... they get loose on our cars

StreetConcept
07-11-2003, 01:55 PM
Ok ill check that out... a buddy of mine says its sounds more like my water pump bearings... do those tend to wear out on our cars or just the timing tensioner. Keep in mind car only has ~70k miles

kickertu
07-11-2003, 02:15 PM
The timing tensioner is direclty related to the waterpump.... so i think its the timing tensioner... but if you replace that, you might as well do the timing chain, and the water pump while you are at it

StreetConcept
07-11-2003, 05:32 PM
sounds good how much does that cost in total..??? with parts only not including labor i can do the labor. like how much does an average water pump and timing tensioner go for? Thanks for the help by the way

kickertu
07-11-2003, 06:50 PM
hell if i know.. i havent ever done one myself... my old car was doing that too.. i just sold it before i got it fixed... prolly all in all you are looking at about $50.00

StreetConcept
07-12-2003, 10:35 AM
kool i found out how much the parts were thanks for the help :) your right about 50 bucks.. well once again thanks for the help im gunna fix hat and post any information about fixing it to help anyone else with the problem and also to see if that fuixes the problem:bow: